Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 12-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
nj96z28

evap codes

Ok , My car is throwing these 2 codes

p0441 evap system incorrect/no purge flow
p1441 evap system flow during non purge

The little bit of research ive done leads me to believe its a vacuum leak, canister vent or a purge valve (latter came from a mustang guy so dont yell lol). Should i just replace the canister itself ? I told yall i was a n00b mechanic
'96 Z28 Vert M6 - UMI LCA's,UMI SFC's,BMR Panhard rod(soon to be UMI),UMI Short Shifter,Custom clutch, SLP CAI, SLP Strut Brace, Skip Shift Elim, MagnaFlow Catback,160 stat, Tb bypass, Air Foil ,prothane motor mounts & tranny mount, Stainless Radiator Shroud, Hooker headers with magnaflow hiflo cats, brand spanking new tranny, Umi torque arm , C5 brakes all 4 corners .

Soon to come... New paint , and glass .
nj96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

That might be the flow valve that mounts on the passenger side of the intake manifold. When that EVAP stuff gets old and dries out, it's almost worth replacing all the little stuff that could leak. I did the cannister, rear purge valve, some hoses, the stuff up on the intake. My cannister had dried out and the charcoal was getting sucked all the way up the line and into the intake! The cannister and dried out lines at the back of the car can be a real PITA to deal with so be prepared!

Go to this site for some good information 4th Gen Tech Articles

Here's a shot showing a lot of the EVAP stuff up around the engine.

And the rear stuff.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
nj96z28

sweet , thanks man!
'96 Z28 Vert M6 - UMI LCA's,UMI SFC's,BMR Panhard rod(soon to be UMI),UMI Short Shifter,Custom clutch, SLP CAI, SLP Strut Brace, Skip Shift Elim, MagnaFlow Catback,160 stat, Tb bypass, Air Foil ,prothane motor mounts & tranny mount, Stainless Radiator Shroud, Hooker headers with magnaflow hiflo cats, brand spanking new tranny, Umi torque arm , C5 brakes all 4 corners .

Old 12-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
nj96z28

picked up a new purge switch, purge solenoid ,evap canister and gas cap .... issues are gone ..chances are it was only 1 but it doesnt hurt to replace em ... they were cheap enough.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech