Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
enRo
13 Second Club

2001 Camaro Z28 73K miles H/C *Gauging Interest*

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

I really hate to do this, and I will probably regret selling it years from now, but with a mortgage and home ownership priorities, I am testing the waters in selling my Camaro. Let's start off with the basics. It's a 2001 Camaro Z/28, 4L60e, T-Tops, ebony interior with new jet black carpet, and 73,XXX miles (still has that new carpet smell ). With all the major engine/exhaust work, I've put maybe 500 miles on it. I've owned it for almost 10 years and put about 25K miles on it. This car has been to the track a few times, but not since '07. I've changed the oil every 3K miles and serviced most of it's non-major needs. The paint is 8/10, with one spot on the rear quarter where there is a 1" scratch and a spot about the size of a quarter on the wing where the paint didn't adhear well. The interior is in pretty good shape, with the exception of the passenger seat which has a "V" cut in it. There are no cracks in the dashboard or anything of that nature. In between the rear seats, there is a crease that never formed to the hump when I installed the new carpet.

Mods & Updated List-
Precision Race Components Stage 2.5 Ported LS6/ZO6 Heads
TSP 224r Camshaft (224/224 .581/.581 114 LSA)
TSP Ported LS6 Oil Pump
TSP Hardened Pushrods 7.400"
Cloyes LS1/LS2 Double Roller w/ZO6 Timing Chain
SummitRacing Harmonic Balancer w/25% underdrive
Kooks 1.875" Stainless Steel Longtube Headers
Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Off-Road Y-Pipe
Borla Stainless Steel Adjustable Catback with Dual Dual Tips (includes all hardware to meet your needs)
SLP Airlid w/smooth belows and K&N Filter
NGK TR55 Plugs
NEW Cross-drilled rotors, brakes, and brand new front calipers
Dyno Tuned @TTPerformance in July 2014
BMR Strut Tower Brace
BMR Ajdustable Panhard Bar
Poly Motor Mounts
NEW DieHard Battery
New aXXera head unit with iPod/Bluetooth compatability and new speakers all the way around

Exterior Work-
VFN Sunoco 3" Cowl Hood w/centerline
RK Sport 5" High Rise Duck-tail Wing
BRAND NEW Torq Thrust M Wheels 17x10.5 & 17x9 Anthracite w/Machined Lip
Nitto NT555 EXT High Performance Tires - 315/35/R17 & 275/40/R17 (maybe 200 miles on them)
NEW JDM Halo Headlamps & Turn Signals

As for "problems", it needs an inspection. After the engine work and tune, it will have no problem passing with the exception of having an ORY-pipe. It's outdated by a few years

The torque converter could use an upgrading. After completing this engine setup, once in a blue moon, it will stall out when shifting into a gear, mainly 3rd when my foot is off the gas pedal (that auto shift when you accelerated from a stop sign/red light, and you let your foot off the gas when you coast to the speed limit). I was told the stock torque convertor could be pulling the RPMs lower when it shifts- in this case, so low it stalls out. Though people with this same setup have ran a stock TC, it could very well be something stupid with the idling setup. It was on my next to-do list as well as the rear, but I opted for a home purchase instead. I just keep my foot on the pedal when it shifts gears to avoid it, but like I said, its every once in a blue moon so it didn't bother me...

...which leads me to the last thing- the gearing is a neck-snapping stock 2.73 ratio /sarcasm . It was on my to-do list. The stock rear sounds and feels great, so unless your gonna powerbrake it off the line with stickies, the rear should give no problems.

So that's about it. Let it be known that this car turns heads. Anywhere I go with this beast, I am always receiving compliments and conversations. I'm sure there is more I forgot to mention, so if you have any questions, PM me. I am in no rush to sell this car. I will not sell parts seperately, and please, I will not entertain low-ball offers. I'll post more pictures when I take the car cover off sometime next week.

$9,900 obo
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles