Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
7R_NINJA

Any Good Central Jersey Tint Shops?

Anyone had good luck with a local shop tinting their car? I want to get my rear window done but I've seen some pretty bad jobs because of the size and shape of our windows. I'm pretty picky and want to make sure it's done right. Any info is helpful...
7R_NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i go to Autoimage in brick. he has quite a few stores around. they did both my camaros and i can't complain. if it bubbles or peels they redo it for free. 3 year warranty or opt for the lifetime. 3M tint. good stuff.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
madness410

yeah i would not recommend the autoimage on route 18 near or in east brunswick. i had my civic done there when i was a senior in high school, i roll down my windows the second i get out of there and both of them popped out of the window track...they were working fine before i got them tinted
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

that sucks...ur supposed to wait a few days for the glue to settle but still, they shouldn't pop off the regulator.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #5
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
that sucks...ur supposed to wait a few days for the glue to settle but still, they shouldn't pop off the regulator.
yeah i bought a new motor for it and put it in and still the problem persisted...my mechanic said the window track itself was bent, so they obviously were messing with something in there, still to this day my passenger side window on my civic has a hard time getting up
Old 06-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
7R_NINJA

Quote:
i go to Autoimage in brick. he has quite a few stores around. they did both my camaros and i can't complain. if it bubbles or peels they redo it for free. 3 year warranty or opt for the lifetime. 3M tint. good stuff.
Thanks BMX. I'm in Brick every other weekend at my parents house. I'll have to check that place out while I'm down there. Do you know what road it's on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
yeah i would not recommend the autoimage on route 18 near or in east brunswick. i had my civic done there when i was a senior in high school, i roll down my windows the second i get out of there and both of them popped out of the window track...they were working fine before i got them tinted
Good lookin out madness. I'll stay away from that shop.

Thanks again guys. This really helps!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
aslowcamaroz28
Banned

there a place in jersey city i know it a ride but they are the best and they cheap they will tint any car for $100 and they tint winshelds
aslowcamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowcamaroz28 View Post
there a place in jersey city i know it a ride but they are the best and they cheap they will tint any car for $100 and they tint winshelds
I'm all game for inexpensive as long as it doesn't show in their work. Got a name for the place?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowcamaroz28 View Post
haha tinting windshields..i would recommend against that unless your in florida, i would also recommend against the two front windows cops hate it and i got tickets out the ass when i did have them
Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #10
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

7R_Ninja, they are on Cedar Bridge Ave by the best buy and fridays but across the street in the huge plaza of shops. if you take 70 you hang a left onto cedar bridge and they are at the next light on the right. good guys imo.

madness, sounds like the regulator is bent and needs to be replaced. pretty simple if you take your time and have some patience. should be simple nut and bolt deal unlike our cars with the rivets.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
7R_NINJA

Quote:
7R_Ninja, they are on Cedar Bridge Ave by the best buy and fridays but across the street in the huge plaza of shops. if you take 70 you hang a left onto cedar bridge and they are at the next light on the right. good guys imo.

madness, sounds like the regulator is bent and needs to be replaced. pretty simple if you take your time and have some patience. should be simple nut and bolt deal unlike our cars with the rivets.
Thanks BMX! I know right where the Best Buy is so that should be easy to find. I'll check that out soon. Should I drop your name there? Would that give you brownie points for sending work their way?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #12
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
haha tinting windshields..i would recommend against that unless your in florida, i would also recommend against the two front windows cops hate it and i got tickets out the ass when i did have them
Yeah, I'm just going to get the rear done. I'd like the sides done lightly but I know it's not worth the trouble. I've gotten away long enough without a front plate, I don't need anything else for the cops to notice.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7R_NINJA View Post
Thanks BMX! I know right where the Best Buy is so that should be easy to find. I'll check that out soon. Should I drop your name there? Would that give you brownie points for sending work their way?
haaha i've had 3 cars done there but i doubt it! i've had tints on all my cars for the past 4 years and only got 1 tint ticket. if you go lighter on the sides it is safer in many different respects. i black out the back window though cuz big trucks and suvs blind me at night. oh and no license plate holder cuz i don't care. whatever works for you though.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #14
7R_NINJA

Quote:
haaha i've had 3 cars done there but i doubt it! i've had tints on all my cars for the past 4 years and only got 1 tint ticket. if you go lighter on the sides it is safer in many different respects. i black out the back window though cuz big trucks and suvs blind me at night. oh and no license plate holder cuz i don't care. whatever works for you though.
Yeah, I've never had a plate on the front. Your set-up sounds like what I want to do. I want to go full black in the rear with a light tint on the sides. How do you make it through inspection with the side tint? I just put my front plate on the dash when I go through inspection and they are fine with it. Then I throw it back in the shed. But I don't want tint probs. It is my daily driver
Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #15
Mike
BadMod

you should be able to get away with 35 or 40 percent on the sides, it will help blend the back but durring the day you can still see into the car so you wont get bothered that much. i put 35% on the front of my trailblazer and most people think its oem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #16
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
you should be able to get away with 35 or 40 percent on the sides, it will help blend the back but durring the day you can still see into the car so you wont get bothered that much. i put 35% on the front of my trailblazer and most people think its oem
I just checked your photos. Yeah, the front sides look good. 35% seems do-able. You make it through DMV? I'm not into getting my tint redone just for inspection. If that were the case, I'll go darker. By the way, do you have a CBR?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
Mike
BadMod

i havent been through dmv, but the people that inspected our cars at the police academy didnt say anything about it and they were nailing people left and right or stupid crap.

i used to have a 2003 cbr600rr but it got stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #18
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
i havent been through dmv, but the people that inspected our cars at the police academy didnt say anything about it and they were nailing people left and right or stupid crap.

i used to have a 2003 cbr600rr but it got stolen
Nice, might be worth doing the 35% on the sides. Thanks. Sorry about the bike.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #19
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i have 15% on my sides. i was used to 5 so i went a little lighter. any lighter and you should be good for most cops. as for inspection, become friends with a private inspector or find yourself a buddy with a hookup. otherwise, you will fail.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 06-26-2008 at 08:26 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #20
7R_NINJA

Quote:
i have 15% on my sides. i was used to 5 so i went a little lighter. any lighter and you should be good for most cops. as for inspection, become friends with a private inspector or find yourself a buddy with a hookup. otherwise, you will fail.
Your right, I do need a hook up. I have friends that pass my two motorcycles on the sly but I don't know anyone for autos. Guess I need to figure that out before I tint. If nothing else, I'll atleast get the rear done very soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7R_NINJA View Post
Yeah, I've never had a plate on the front. Your set-up sounds like what I want to do. I want to go full black in the rear with a light tint on the sides. How do you make it through inspection with the side tint? I just put my front plate on the dash when I go through inspection and they are fine with it. Then I throw it back in the shed. But I don't want tint probs. It is my daily driver
You don't need a front plate for inspection at all anymore (you can still get ticketed for it though).

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
You don't need a front plate for inspection at all anymore (you can still get ticketed for it though).

- Justin
Really? No kidding? I always put my plate back in my car on the dashboard when I go through. I'll have to try it next time.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #23
7R_NINJA

Well, I finally went with Auto Image in Brick. I have an appointment next week for 5% on the rear window(3M). I'll post up pics after it's done for reference to others.

Thanks everyone for your help!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #24
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

nice man. haha i still haven't removed the 3m logos on my tint. it comes off with rubbing alcohol or something but i just don't bother. you shouldn't be disappointed, they are good guys!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
7R_NINJA

They seemed like they knew their stuff. Thanks again man.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance