Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Z28Justin

tint

i was wondering how many of you have front tint and how bad are you bothered for it? and how much is the ticket?
Z28Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
chevylover5

my roommate lives in Vineland, NJ and hes got 5% tint on his civic. he said in the last 2 years hes gotten pulled over about 6 times for tint... he said the ticket is $55.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Its generally a $50 ticket. I have my fronts at 20% and haven't gotten hassled for it yet.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

depends on the area you live in. it is illegal and it's up to the cops in the area how much you get bothered. hah. friend of mine has 5% on an evo and lives in pitman and in one week he got seven tickets, one for each day. lol
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Fast92RS
Power Member

I have front window tint and I never get bothered but then again I have the medical exception for my vehicle.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
ap2000z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast92RS View Post
I have front window tint and I never get bothered but then again I have the medical exception for my vehicle.
Medical exception?? Could you explain? Is this something I can tell my doctor like "I get dizzy when the sun hit me in the eyes, so can you write me a perscription for tint" Thanks
ap2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
Fast92RS
Power Member

Its a form from the DMV that your eye doctor must fill out explaining why you need tinted windows. Then you mail the form in. Then you get a card that you bring to inspection.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
sbcpower

I don't have tints, but my sis drives an '02 black 'stang w/ some dark tints not sure on the % and she gets it pretty good for them. The same cop usually does it too, stopped in our driveway the one day when we were washin our rides to harass her about it, didn't give a ticket that time though....not sure if that's even legal since it's not on a road, idk??(I live on the same road as the police station ) Really depends on how ur locals feel about you.
sbcpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #9
NightRydaSS

Yo really can't go off of other ppl experiences. B/c like they said, it depends on how the locals feel about you, what ur car looks like / sounds like (if it looks like a race car and sounds like one, they will hassel u anyways), and how the cop are in your area. Some areas they couldn't care less, more things to worry about. Other areas (like rich one where nothing happens) they will bust you everytime. Case & point: i have an 01 black SS, and the only window i have tinted is my rear (which is legal). I have had cops who(after they see if it someone young driving the car) turn around after they pass me and follow me out of their town lines. I have had State Trooper follow me for miles, and even cops in MY OWN TOWN follow me around. And my car isn't loud or anyting.
My friend has 20% on his GTI and doesn't get bothered much, but he also looks like he is 35 and his car looks normal (not flashy at all). i think it is a combination of the car you drive, what it looks / sounds like, how old you look, and where you live that determins if you get harassed.
last but not least, you wont pass inspection, and taking that crap off you windows with it has been sitting on them for a while and had a chance for the sun to bake them on sucks. And the clue never really fully comes off and it leavsthe window looking funky. They you have to get the tint put back on and if the window is 100% clear it makes it look like crap.
NightRydaSS is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance