Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
DaSkinnyGuy

Pointing a weapon at someone...

This is a very strong topic and i hope to get mature adult answers.

If someone pointed a knife,gun or any other type of weapon at you wouldn't you say that this is something no one should ever joke about?
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 06-10-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
NastyEllEssWon

weapons should be treated the same as genitals. they should not be pulled out without the intent of being used

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 06-09-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post

If someone pointed a knife,gun or any other type of weapon at you wouldn't you say that this is something no one should ever joke about?

Well it just happened to me, that after seeing it, i cant even keep my mind straight, that i posted this in the wrong section
Did you just get jumped and robbed, or this experience in general?

For me it really depends on the situation. If Im in the kitchen or hiking or something like that it doesnt phase me if someone aims a knife or comes close to me with it. Ive never been held at knife point so I cant tell you how I would feel about it.

Loaded guns are a little different. If they have live ammo in them, then it really bothers me, even if they are just sitting with the safety on. Unloaded guns I could care less.

Ive also been kind of desensitized by guns from playing paintball for years and being aimed/ shot at. loaded paintball or airsoft guns dont bother me the same as real guns. fireworks dont bother me either.

This is all just around me, personally. I cant tolerate the same level of weapon flaunting in the presence of lots of people, especially family and women. Then I spooked/pissed.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Thats insane man...sorry to hear that? Did you file a police report or anything like that?
Ive had a gun pointed at me once, and it was loaded. Taught me never to sneak around my house again!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #5
Knipps

Sounds like one of his "friends" pointed something lethal at him and thought it was funny. ****ed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Yea, I know a few people that have been held up either by knife or gun, they get spooked, but you get over it.

As far as jokingly, doesn't phase me anymore, been around em to much.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
V
Stalker

im too familiar with the whole concept so it doesn't phase me, never did even in the past, but as for my own actions, i do not point without intent, as i have been trained.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
Frosty

I had a gun pointed at me once when someone tried to rob me while at a light. Scariest f'in thing in the world.

But if this was a friend joking around he needs to be kicked square in the nuts....you don't screw around with a gun, knife, etc....
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Tsar
MIR

I only point my gun at things I'm about to shoot.

Someone had a knife at my throat back in the day, that was fun, I guess.

As a general rule, I would be pissed if someone pointed a weapon at me.

Last edited by Tsar; 06-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Yes. Sounds quite childish.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
69BirdX
12 Second Club

there is no such thing as an unloaded gun they should all be treated with respect. If that was a joke from a friend then i wouldnt be friends with him anymore
'04 Pontiac GTO....Sunday Funday Special

Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #12
SilverDropTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
i do not point without intent, as i have been trained.
That's exactly how I was trained and how everyone who owns a firearm SHOULD be trained. I had a gun pointed at me once....I was delivering beer to a restaurant while I was in college and brought the bill to the managers office....his door was open so I walked in to be met by him pointing his Glock 17 at me. He was robbed a week before and still had the jitters (which is NO EXCUSE and makes him more dangerous). He quickly apologized but needless to say, we dropped that place. Pointing anything that can be used as a weapon (knife, slingshot, bb gun, paintball gun, firearm, bow, etc..) is no joking matter.

Last edited by SilverDropTop; 06-10-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Doesn't matter what it is, knife, gun, etc...everything should be treated as its intent was to do bodily harm. As for a firearm, Ive been around them for years. I go to the range on an almost weekly basis...I still don't like a firearm that I know is not loaded, to point in direction of something that isn't planned to be destroyed. Ive seen stupid people flail an unloaded (and yes on a few occasions a loaded) firearm around like it was a toy...it's why I believe stupid people should be shot.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle View Post
it's why I believe stupid people should be shot.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
fmybody

Quote:

Well it just happened to me, that after seeing it, i cant even keep my mind straight, that i posted this in the wrong section
im with you.. not funny not even close.. what happendd?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
ib4200

i consider it completely unacceptable for even an unloaded gun to be pointed anywhere near another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
its an ongoing joke between the Geo Storm crew and the Sebring coupe team.
bolt-ons and a bed n' breakfast
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #17
greenformula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4200 View Post
i consider it completely unacceptable for even an unloaded gun to be pointed anywhere near another person.
+1.....some people don't know how to properly clear the chamber....alls it takes is one

2018 Silverado 1500
Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
79T/A

I carry a gun as part of my job. If someone points a firearm at me, REAL OR NOT, LOADED OR UNLOADED, they're getting shot. Period. I don't think it's funny. Same thing with a knife. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Or a bat. Or a brick. Or anything else that a reasonable person can conclude is a weapon that makes me feel in fear of my life or the life of someone else.

I can't believe how my thinking has changed over the last several years. When I was a kid, I never went anywhere without a cap pistol. I was always playing army or cops and robbers. I saw a kid on the playground last night playing with what looked like a very realistic toy gun and wondered what his parents were thinking (Mainly because I've seen people use them in robberies).
Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79T/A View Post

I can't believe how my thinking has changed over the last several years. When I was a kid, I never went anywhere without a cap pistol. I was always playing army or cops and robbers. I saw a kid on the playground last night playing with what looked like a very realistic toy gun and wondered what his parents were thinking (Mainly because I've seen people use them in robberies).

so it was ok for you to run around with a cap gun as a kid but not todays kids????

hypocrite
Old 06-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
so it was ok for you to run around with a cap gun as a kid but not todays kids????

hypocrite
The world is a different place now. And he said "with a very realistic toy gun", just to keep the context on target.

You know that, go troll & name calling elsewhere.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 06-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:

hypocrite
Times change. Remember the old ingredient in Coca-Cola?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #22
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Times change. Remember the old ingredient in Coca-Cola?
Cane Sugar?

& you guys are right. Old cap guns looked nothing like the real thing...

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:

hypocrite
People change and times change. Some people take it too far like that kid with the lego gun a few months ago, but stuff like this makes sense. There are a lot more nuts now than there were 40 years ago, hell even since I was a little kid.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 06-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

I am used to the idea that if someone is pointing a weapon in your direction, then their intent is to do harm to you. So in that situation my immediate response is to treat them as a threat. So loaded or unloaded, every weapon is the same, because you never know.

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
TaKid455

Never had a weapon pointed at me unless a spear counts, but I always believed in ' shoot to kill'. Knew a kid incollege that showed me his concealed gun when I was driving him somewhere. I nearly threw him out of the car. I dont play around with that stuff. If he told me before hand, I would have been understanding. I have shot various guns, but at targets. if It was at an animal, it was to kill. same principle goes to humans.

that fellow/ punk that I gave a ride to later pointed the gun at someone and t hey punch him in the face. what a bitch. I lost whatever respect I had for him at that point.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge