NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Multimedia (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Guitar (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43680)

transmaro93 05-04-2009 04:27 PM

heres a pick of my babies.... the pic was taken before the blue one was funished obviously...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1241472355

Jam 05-04-2009 08:16 PM

to be quite honest, it's not the guitar, it's the player. what kind of playing do you guys do . I usually just do a lot of sweeps and speed alternate picking . favorite music to play : Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold . Mostly play in D, hate dropping everything to C.

LTb1ow 05-04-2009 08:17 PM

Dropped D :shock:

And you were making fun of my guitar..... :rofl:

Jam 05-04-2009 08:42 PM

huh?

LTb1ow 05-04-2009 08:42 PM

Dropped D is for newbs who wanna make a lotta noise and no clear solos. IMO of course.

69BirdX 05-04-2009 09:00 PM

I love playing Killswitch engange, as i lay dying and trivium. But im to impatient to try and solo

transmaro93 05-04-2009 09:05 PM

i cant shred but i play in standard all the time... just sounds better to me... and matts right... you can make anything sound heavy in drop tunings... it takes more skill to make heavy music in standard.... megadeth... metallica... maiden... priest.... slayer... you get the point... the real "original" metal bands...

LTb1ow 05-04-2009 09:06 PM

Eh, Slayer is dropped D for most of their newer stuff....

Jam 05-04-2009 09:38 PM

that's not true at all. all you are doing is bringing out the convenience of one finger power chords otherwise how else do you figure it's soo much easier. a scale is a scale.....

91chevywt 05-04-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam (Post 584479)
to be quite honest, it's not the guitar, it's the player. what kind of playing do you guys do . I usually just do a lot of sweeps and speed alternate picking . favorite music to play : Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold . Mostly play in D, hate dropping everything to C.

Very very true...what sounds good or plays good to one person is merely a matter of opinion. Almost every guitar has its place in the "food chain" and different guitars are meant for different people. Some may be better off with a B.C. Rich, some may be better off with a Fender.

As far as learning other songs...I don't like to concentrate on that too much...I find that working really hard to learn someone elses style leads to that person "sounding like so-and-so."

bubba428 05-04-2009 10:30 PM

I tune to D standard, then drop, and lots of chuggy chuggy ultimate chug. I play mostly doom metal and thrash, lots of pre-90s metalica, slayer, exodus and megadeth. been learning a lot of zakk whylde stuff lately. Zakk Whylde's bark at the moon is freaking sick!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91chevywt (Post 584557)
As far as learning other songs...I don't like to concentrate on that too much...I find that working really hard to learn someone elses style leads to that person "sounding like so-and-so."

ehh kinda, I mean I like learning different guitarist styles and getting the playing down identical, then moving on to another. that way my covers sound good and my own stuff has a very mixed sound and I can toss in the EVH tapping, Zakk Whylde artificial-harmonics, malmsteen sweeps, iron maiden harmonized solos. all played with my unique guitar and rig...yea...its ****ing metal as hell...then cut the distortion and kick it with the SRV.

B4C 05-04-2009 10:53 PM

BC rice make some relly nice higher end guitars but ther cheaper stuff really is junk. My frined bought a warlock starter pack and it was the worst guitar ever. I love my solid mahogany Gibson les paul, its heavy as crap but has awsome tone and sustain for days:wink: Im more into blues, jazz, and jam type music, but it has the abillity to crunch out some :twisted:METAL:twisted: from time to time. I currently suck though as I havnt really practiced in about a year.:|

Jam 05-04-2009 11:16 PM

wat i usually do is just blast a song I like and pretend i'm jamming with them. Fbody + Metal = ONe badass mother****er = the guy all girls love .

69BirdX 05-04-2009 11:25 PM

New metallica is in drop d or atleast most of the songs. I Usaly have a my one guitar in standard and the other in C

HeadlessNorseman 05-04-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transmaro93 (Post 583863)
yo man im still pretty much a beginner too... but i can play some songs.. iv been playing for like maybe 2 years... but only serious for like a year and half... if you ever want to get together and jam maybe i can show you a few things... i mostly play megadeth and metallica stuff though... i can play the beginning of raining blood... but im not really to into slayer so dont really look up to much of their music.... we should have a JSFBOA jam party!!!

I can play bass, guitar, cello..and off for 6-7 years more or less. Lets play in my basement. Noones home weekdays 9-5. Or friday night most weekends

HeadlessNorseman 05-04-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam (Post 584587)
wat i usually do is just blast a song I like and pretend i'm jamming with them. Fbody + Metal = ONe badass mother****er = the guy all girls love .

If you live in mississippi maybe. BTW, avenged is one of my favorite bands. Esp the self titled CD

Jam 05-05-2009 12:01 AM

we should all start a garage band called " the Fbody AvengersssSS".......::cricket cricket:::

HeadlessNorseman 05-05-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam (Post 584609)
we should all start a garage band called " the Fbody AvengersssSS".......::cricket cricket:::

Id be down for that in real life. not on the internet though

bubba428 05-05-2009 06:28 AM

that band would have the biggest ego EVER

LTb1ow 05-05-2009 07:38 AM

Yea, my problem is I listen to some friggen hard ass metal, tough learning curve... lol

And I actually bought a top of the line BC rich, don't ask me why.

Jam 05-05-2009 08:22 AM

"metal" is such a broad word. I used to play some crazy **** . like dillinger escape plan ****.

LTb1ow 05-05-2009 08:25 AM

Metal as in guitar metal. Not some angry person grunting/screaming into a mic.

Slayer, etc.

Jam 05-05-2009 11:12 AM

no i used to listen to **** metal like retarded sporadic scales and shreds. but now I listen to cleaner metal. (where you can understand what they are saying), like Killswitch, A7X, Atreyu, BTBAM, trivium. blah. pretty much bands that sound the same lol.

DevilDougWS6 05-05-2009 01:37 PM

it looks like something you could play at a concert, then start slap chopping heads off.

Jam 05-05-2009 01:43 PM

you're gonna love my nuts lol