NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Cruisers' Corner / Other Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   100 Car Fbody Cruise *POLL* (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45063)

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 03:09 PM

100 Car Fbody Cruise *POLL*

Ok so I have been making some calls and jumping through the channels to try to make this happen. At the moment were at a standstill. Time for a little bit of fact finding.

I need to find out how many people are willing to pay to play for an Atlantic City Expressway shutdown/traffic slowdown.

sweetbmxrider 06-24-2009 03:51 PM

what time of year are we talkin too? soon? end of summer? fall?

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 607146)
what time of year are we talkin too? soon? end of summer? fall?

well it would be nice to do this before the end of the summer :nod:
we just need some information. The more people that are willing to donate at least something will most likely lower the overall ''minimum donation'' amount to get the ball rolling.

Zero4488 06-24-2009 06:21 PM

Whats the overall price to shut it down? That will affect the amount of people we will need to get to a reasonable donation...I'd definately be interested if it was $20 or so a head....but any more than that count me out cause I can cruise down that strip all I want for a measley few tolls....

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 06:28 PM

well do the math.....if we get 100 people...20 bucks a head will be 2000 raised for charity. im waiting for a call back from the organizers of the corvette toys for tots charity to see how much they raised and get some more info.

i will be going to different businesses and get in touch to see if any of them would like to donate towards the cause. maybe even get some dealers willing to bring some new camaros out for some publicity. who knows.

this is just a feeler to see if njfboa is willing to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to this event. :nod:

sweetbmxrider 06-24-2009 06:29 PM

ever see the a/c expressway toys for tots vette run? yeah.....

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider (Post 607246)
ever see the a/c expressway toys for tots vette run? yeah.....

correct. the toys for tots videos show people doing very high rates of speed, something you usually wont be able to do. especially 200 mph in an atomic orange c6 z06

Jam 06-24-2009 07:03 PM

$50 bucks is the most I would donate for such an event.

//<86TA>\\ 06-24-2009 07:14 PM

I dont want to be a party pooper, but im sure it will take a lot more than a 2k donation to shut down the expressway just so you can dick around on it.

Jam 06-24-2009 07:19 PM

i think we can pull off $50 each person.

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ (Post 607280)
I dont want to be a party pooper, but im sure it will take a lot more than a 2k donation to shut down the expressway just so you can dick around on it.

this is the reason why im feeling the waters to see who would be willing to pay what for the event. dont forget that i am also canvassing businesses to see if we can get some support there as well.

at 50 a head...100 people...thats 5k...and i didnt say a ''shutdown''....the way it was explained to me is that its called a ''traffic slowdown.'' they stop traffic for a few minutes to let all the event cars get setup...hang out for a minute...then after about 10-15 minutes of letting the roadways clear they let us off down the road and resume traffic again once all the cars are through. :nod:

edit: Lets not forget this isnt being done for profit...its for charity, so all money raised would be worthwhile

Jam 06-24-2009 08:39 PM

lets not be in the doldrums and kick this idea to the bush because of a few dollars. WE CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

MyFirstZ 06-24-2009 09:00 PM

im down . . . 50 $ for an epic event like this.

BonzoHansen 06-24-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon (Post 607323)
edit: Lets not forget this isnt being done for profit...its for charity, so all money raised would be worthwhile

First, on a personal level may I suggest Autism Speaks. Of course there are lots of other charities out there just as good, but with Genie's involvement maybe we can do more.

Second, I may not think highly of your technical skills or Camaro knowledge :wink:, but kudos for running with the ball on this. Very solid of you. Thank you very much. Really, no kidding on this.

:cheers:

btownws6 06-24-2009 11:05 PM

i might be willing to donate more but i just got my own place so i just gotta see my bills i will give w/e i can b/c i think it'd be fun

Knipps 06-24-2009 11:16 PM

I think I could swing $50 if my car was up & running (with the appropriate timing of course)

Jersey Mike 06-24-2009 11:16 PM

That's pretty far south... Any chance of getting the "Slow Down" more centralized? I'd be down to run & throw in 50, but I don't think I'd realistically drive a few hours south just to do so...

Didn't vote

Knipps 06-24-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike (Post 607411)
That's pretty far south... Any chance of getting the "Slow Down" more centralized? I'd be down to run & throw in 50, but I don't think I'd realistically drive a few hours south just to do so...

Didn't vote

this too.

Formulalt1 06-24-2009 11:24 PM

I would be willing to swing $50 but I think you will have a pretty hard time collecting 50 from 100 people. I would go with a $20 minimum required but a $50 requested donation.

NastyEllEssWon 06-24-2009 11:24 PM

The only problem with that is the AC expressway has been subjected to this type of request before and co-ordination of another area further north just doesnt seem feasible.

Since it has been used for the Toys for Tots run were already ahead of the game beings that the troopers in the area have run it before successfully and most of the paperwork can just pretty much be inked over from the same paperwork for the Corvette guys.

Not only that but do you really wanna try to do a top speed run (legally) down the turnpike or 295 or something...the AC expressway is pretty smooth and an awesome venue for this. not to mention traffic down south during the weekday is pretty smooth sailing. trying to slow down traffic anywhere in central nj would be murder.

Zero4488 06-24-2009 11:55 PM

I might have to put the street tires on and see what max speed on my little POS is...haha...$50 to break the law thats like getting pulled over for speeding and getting a seatbelt ticket.....

Mike 06-25-2009 12:25 AM

charity's are cool, top speed runs are cool, closed roads are cool and Atlantic city is cool, what the **** is the question?

NastyEllEssWon 06-25-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 607429)
charity's are cool, top speed runs are cool, closed roads are cool and Atlantic city is cool, what the **** is the question?

the question is do we have enough support

btownws6 06-25-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrrmike (Post 607429)

i'm with you:nod:

CamaroJoe1987 06-25-2009 01:10 AM

a bit too far of a drive for me, im at the NJ/NY border, if i was a lil closer, i would totally be in.