NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   NJFBOA Events (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Thanks everyone for a great time (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7521)

NJSPEEDER 09-26-2004 12:42 PM

Thanks everyone for a great time

hey gang,
justin and i wanted to thank everyone who showed up last night to teh tavern. it was amazing seeing/hearing all those cars roll in.
everyone was great, the tavern staff was happy to have us, and we are definately invited back(by everyone except the local police :D )

it was great to start putting names and faces together(which i am personally very bad at, so please don't be offended) and the cars were awesome. i do agree with jim though, we need more older stuff. the 4th gens sort of dominated the scene last night. :)
after how well this went i can't wait to see how everything goes for october in depford.

thanks again and i hope to see everyone again at the next one.

later
tim

Blackbirdws6 09-26-2004 01:03 PM

I had a good time as well. I met so many people Ill prolly forget which name goes with each person. Hope I dont offend anyone as well. Good food and a good time.

ar0ck 09-26-2004 01:03 PM

I need more flyers!

Squirrel 09-26-2004 01:04 PM

my right tire has too much pressure in it i think

Jersey_TA 09-26-2004 01:21 PM

I had an awesome time 8)

foff667 09-26-2004 01:21 PM

It was a very cool meet and great to meet everyone...i only remember a few of the names of the peeps I met but definitly all very nice cars...who owned the blown lt1 car?

Squirrel 09-26-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foff667
It was a very cool meet and great to meet everyone...i only remember a few of the names of the peeps I met but definitly all very nice cars...who owned the blown lt1 car?

Thats BlackNOrange, paxton blown

inthered 09-26-2004 02:05 PM

Re: Thanks everyone for a great time

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
it was great to start putting names and faces together(which i am personally very bad at, so please don't be offended) and the cars were awesome. i do agree with jim though, we need more older stuff. the 4th gens sort of dominated the scene last night. :)

I guess we should all trade in our LT1/LS1's for LG4's and TBI setups! :)

twiztidz28 09-26-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel
Quote:

Originally Posted by foff667

Thats BlackNOrange, paxton blown

his name is giovani hope i spelled that right. i didnt realise it but i met him over a year ago before he had any other color on the car but black. real cool kid and nice car.

jims69camaro 09-26-2004 02:22 PM

Re: Thanks everyone for a great time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laymaster
Quote:

Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER

I guess we should all trade in our LT1/LS1's for LG4's and TBI setups! :)

wow, did someone miss the point... ;)

as in older cars, not older technology. jeffJL8 proves you don't have to have a TBI in an older car. :D now, if he'd only show up to prove it to everyone (j/k jeff!)

inthered 09-26-2004 03:29 PM

no no no, didn't miss the point..just saying don't fault us because we own 4th gens. They've been out for quite a while now, and a lot of thirdgen owners (myself included) have upgraded to a 4th gen over time...

jims69camaro 09-26-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laymaster
no no no, didn't miss the point..just saying don't fault us because we own 4th gens. They've been out for quite a while now, and a lot of thirdgen owners (myself included) have upgraded to a 4th gen over time...

also known as TRAITORS!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

89 Trans Am WS6 09-26-2004 04:06 PM

no no traitor would be "transam4life" buying a z28 :lol:

just playin with ya alex. Had a great time last night, dunno if ill drive to depford but north jersey is whats up 8)

79dizZy28 09-26-2004 05:33 PM

hopefully next meet i'll be able to show up and represent for the second gens 8) :headbang:

JL8Jeff 09-26-2004 06:39 PM

Yeah, I'm bummed that the 68 started giving me problems. I was working on it today and I'm not completely convinced it's a bent axle. The rotor doesn't look like it sits on the flange flush and that might be part of the problem.

jims69camaro 09-27-2004 06:06 AM

no worries, jeff. i didn't bring mine, either, as i'm still working the bugs outta the carb. you'd think that a semi-intelligent person could rebuild a carb, slap it back on the manifold and go... but noooooooooooo...

HardcoreZ28 09-27-2004 07:50 AM

Definately a great time that night...sorry I had to run right after dinner. I flyered all of the second gen cars at E-Town yesterday, never made it to the first gens. I was the only thirdgen at the show yesterday unfortunately, but I did take 3rd place in the 70-89 F-Body class!

JPiZZiJP 09-27-2004 07:52 AM

Sorry all,

I tried to make it but I got into an accident less than a block from Firkin's...

Please see Classifieds now.

~Joe :(

my82roc 09-27-2004 08:01 AM

I had a good time also although I did not stay for the tavern part.Only hung out for an hour or so.There was a decent crowd and It was really cool seeing a bunch of f bodies all in the same area Especially the third gens.BTW I was driving the black 82 notchback camaro from PA and my name is Marc.

HardcoreZ28 09-27-2004 08:11 AM

Marc. I met you that night, we talked for a while. I had the white 89 IROC. Hope to see you again at the next meet.

jims69camaro 09-27-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
Sorry all,

I tried to make it but I got into an accident less than a block from Firkin's...

Please see Classifieds now.

~Joe :(

dude, that stinks. it doesn't sound that bad, should be an easy fix. but, of course, the frustration and anxiety of having your ride look like it's got a black eye until you get it fixed is not so easy...

my82roc 09-27-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
Marc. I met you that night, we talked for a while. I had the white 89 IROC. Hope to see you again at the next meet.

I remember talking to you.Your iroc is very nice.I will try my best to attend the next get together.Just let me know the date and the place