NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wanted To Buy - Automotive (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   WTB LS2 6.0 Al block/ engine (http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69131)

TaKid455 07-17-2020 09:49 PM

WTB LS2 6.0 Al block/ engine

Throwing the net out and seeing if anyone has an LS2 block. LS1 & 3 also considered. Ultimately looking to go the 408 or 416 route.
PM or reply

Sprayed 99 07-17-2020 11:39 PM

I have a LS2 block fully machined ready to go. 4.015 bore and block is half filled

TaKid455 07-19-2020 08:45 AM

I'll keep in mind. Being this will be a street car, I rather full cooling capacity. Yes, I know it can be done and has been done. Oil temps would be the concern more so over coolant. Was the machine work done before or after the filling?

What are you looking to get for your block?

MyFirstZ 07-20-2020 07:22 AM

Have an LS2 at 4.185" bore with darton sleeves, a little bigger then what you planned.

Got wiseco pistons and callies compstart 4" rods that go with it. Will need a crank.

This is from my 440ci

TaKid455 07-20-2020 08:38 AM

That is just a hair bigger displacement. Any meat left on those sleeves at that bore dia? Say it get redone down the road, can you safely go 20 or 30 over?

Any filler in the block? Decked? Main studs?

What heads did you run?

MyFirstZ 07-20-2020 12:54 PM

I'll do some research as far as refinishing.
If I could remember how to get pictures on here I'd send em, but it looks like there is plenty of room to go

I had trickflow 245 cathedral port by tea on them

I have the info on the deck height, yes arp main studs are installed and no filler

It was in a street car, spun a main. Sent it to the machinist and when he checked the crank he found a hairline cracked so I parted te car out. Had him do the line hone and new cam bearings.

Still have to go pick it up

Sprayed 99 07-22-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaKid455 (Post 955095)
I'll keep in mind. Being this will be a street car, I rather full cooling capacity. Yes, I know it can be done and has been done. Oil temps would be the concern more so over coolant. Was the machine work done before or after the filling?

What are you looking to get for your block?

I ran this block on the street for a couple years with a oil cooler and never had a single issue with oil temperature. I even drove the car fom NJ to Ocean City Maryland and back. I put another LS2 together and had that filled block machined and done to do a turbo build. I'LL even throw in the electric oil temp guage too.

It was filled first then machined afterwards. Bored, honed, line bored, new cam bearings and deck cleaned up. It's literally ready to assemble just throw in your parts

Sprayed 99 07-22-2020 09:39 AM

Pm sent