View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
johnjzjz

i have these 882s they were installed never fired and removed, they have been decked flat, ( SO their not warped ) 3 angle valve job all the valves cut as well - not back cut but i will do that if you want ( back cutting is a roundy trick for more off the corners a low end power thing ) NO steam holes but i will drill them as well 400 motor - trick for heat transfer - the valve guides are perfect and were machined for high lift cam 500/600 lift ( spring seats sized for 1.400 springs i think ) and than converted to PC seals as well, ( top of valve guide cut down to accept a conventional type PC valve seal ) also machined rocker stud base and drilled and taped for 7/16 screw in rocker studs for use with pushrod guide plates, have 15 studs for roller rockers and one for stock rocker assembly, maybe some one has a single 3/8 top 7/16 bottom see picture - i think i have the springs and the light weight racing type retainers / keys as well -- can set the spring height and pressure to your cam or i have cams but mine are all solid flat tappet -- what i would use is a crane for a 406 is a 518 536 - 240 250 on a 106 CL real bumpy makes power 2500 to 5800 in a 400 motor but might not want to go through inspection -- the ports have not been modded ( no extra port work ) no cracks stripped threads or anything else -- this was a sweet set that 800 bucks was spent on them -- i will look for the rest of the parts for them if you think this is the way you want to go ( couple hundred to you for your project charging you only for the additional labor ) Heads are free and the real good used cam is free as well if you choose to go that way -- i can if you send me the info on the motor you have, i will plot it on the shops dyno computer and tell you approx what kind of power to expect -- PLEASE note : your like 14 i think so one of the guys from njfboa will have to pick this stuff up for you when its done -- their are a couple that will help you out i am sure -- i remember being very young and not having any idea and no way to learn, this is my contribution to your project -- any one else have something step up its a club -- i think he could use a performer RPM , 850 carb , HEI dist , alloy tall valve covers , blaster coil , set of good used 3/8 roller rockers --- just let me know ask who ever No hurry on my end i pulled them out today and will look for the other stuff if you will be taking them -- jz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0763.JPG (16.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0760.JPG (21.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0759.JPG (18.3 KB, 12 views)
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote