View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar34 View Post
i thought the fuel pressure was supposed to be somewhere around 41-47.. ( i think 47 at WOT) also, i had the ignition switch replaced approximately 6-7 months ago, so i dont think its that...

today mike came over again and we checked out the fuel pressure again and it was reading about 36-38 at idle.. my dads friend said that if you pinch the return hose from the fuel pressure reg with a vise grip that the pressure would jump up, which would rule out a bad fuel pump since it has the capability to handle more than 36-38 lbs.. we tried it quick and it did what he said, the pressure jumped up quite high (i think it was somewhere in the high 40s) so im thinking maybe its the fuel pressure regulator?

also, today the fuel filter was changed and it didnt help.. also swapped out the coil with one mike had in his garage and that didnt help either... so far the things ive ruled out are: tps, fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs, coil, ignition switch, cat..

i also have a distributor module that mike let me borrow to swap out and see if thats the problem but i havent had the chance to try that out..
yea the other guys are talking about the ignition module, not the switch.

i would still vote fuel pump, as it seems when it gets warmed up is when it starts crapping out. get the car hot, and try doing either small powerbrake to load it or even just rev it up at stand still to see if pressure drops.