View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
JerzyIroc

Various questions

Well my first question is in regards to the tpi computers. do the 305 and 350s have the same tpi computer? second question is the throttle body coolant bypass free mod ive ben hearing about. mine is leaking from that hose so instead of getting anew one i figured i'd just do the bypass thingy. what exactly is involved with the bypass free mod? will i have any driveability issues? Another question is about the 9th injector. Ive been having a bit of a problem lately and i dont know maybe it involves it, let me explain:

When i first got the car i noticed that under a cold start it would turn on but idle really rough for about 3 seconds or so, then start idling perfect. about a month ago i noticed the fuel pump wouldnt turn off when the ignition was off unless you slammed the door shut or something. and the pump wouldnt turn on when the ignition was on either, it would take like a second or two of me cranking the motor that itll finally turn on. well about two weeks ago i noticed that now even when slamming the door, it still wont shut off. i have to pull a fuse out from under the hood for it to turn off. NOW, ever since i changed the alternator, instead of it just taking like 2 seconds or whatever to idle good, now it takes more than 6 attepmts to turn the car on. itll turn on then just shut off. or idle like CRAP then shut off instead of just idling rough like it did before.. hell today it took like over 25 tries. i left it alone for about 15 minutes. on the second try it started righ tup idled perfect like there was nothing wrong. now i dont think the alternator has anything to do with it but it did start happening since then. hell i dont know if the pump not turning off the right way has anything to do with my starting/idling problem either. its just things that are happening around the same time u kno? as far as the other qu3stions they're just random questions i had. any ideas? could the fuel pump relay be bad?

2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE V6 (currently for sale PM me for details)

Last edited by JerzyIroc; 03-24-2008 at 05:37 PM.
JerzyIroc is offline   Reply With Quote