Thread: hard to find?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #50
racerx520

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
What I am drawing from what you are saying is that you want a little more pep when you hit the fun peddle and a nice exhaust note at idle. That's a pretty straight forward idea to build on a reasonable budget and expect to last a good long time.
yeah, thats kinda really it lol...and yes i understand what everyone has said about the heads and everything...let me explain it again, hopefully clarify any issues anyone isnt understanding:

my car is a daily driver, i dont have any other cars that i can use, i dont have a job that i can claim vacation time to just work on the car for a week...i need to either have another car, or have a motor thats all set and ready to go as soon as the motor is done being worked on, it can go in the car, do the work over a weekend. i cannot afford to take the heads off the motor, replace them with new heads and go from there and spend atleast 3 weeks worth of work on the motor, i am planning on doing the engine work over an extended period of time to try to hold onto as much money as i can.

the car is a 1987, i would like to keep MOST of it as 1987 appearing, thats why i didnt put a 4th gen dash in, or center console, or newer style rims, yes i did a spoiler from a 4th gen and seats, but thats it...i dont plan on doing the same with a motor otherwise i'd just save up my money for the next year and get a new vette motor lol