View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
r0nin89

Well from experience (although not a new car) the other guys insurance is going to try to beat you down. I went back and forth for a month with the ******** at the insurance company of the girl that hit my monte ss at school.

In no way did my insurance company "handle it". I called them reported it, they told me it was required that we get and accident report (which was already satisfied), and that I would have to call her insurance, book a time for the adjuster to come and see the vehicle, and then contact the personal at her company that handles claims.

I got a legitimate estimate for like $2200. And when I gave it to the adjuster he told me that having the door reskinned wasnt happening that due to the age of the vehicle it would be a "good condition" crash parts door, also said that a full stripe kit wasnt happening either despite the fact that replacing just the door stripes would never match.

After he knocked it down to $1800 I then went to war with her claims agent. Back and forth on the phone, no call backs for days on end, then he was on vacations. I finally called a supervisor and told them that this is ridiculous its been almost a month and I've been contacted once. I then finally got a call back and the bastard tried to get me to agree to take 90% of the claim money because there was a chance I could have done more to avoid the accident. I told him have a nice day and give me a call when he opened his eyes and looked at the police report where it said that she admitted fault and the accident was deemed 100% her fault by the police.

The point of my long winded rant is the insurance companies will more than likely try to cheat you at every angle they can find. Your car may very well be a different case seeing as how its much newer and a cadillac BUT dont be surprised if they go "O well we're not paying for GM parts, aftermarket is just as good"

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote