Thread: Atco needs hand
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
Sprayed 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Poeple have been saying that since they repaved, it doesn't feel the same, and you just can't hook up as well. Can anybody back this up?
The days the track is prepped well it hooks like glue and will hook anything thrown at it. I am grateful to have one of the fastest 1/4 mile tracks in the country in my backyard. The one night i watched the outlaw 10.5 cars and a few ran 190 mph+ in the 1/8!

Days when there was a track rental before the night session of street cars i have seen a few times where the track was great early from the rental prep.....only to have it go to hell later on in the night. Whether in the street lanes(cones out) or in the slick tire lanes(which they remove the cone and let you run the groove) the track surface was bad those days. and thats where atco and joe sway need to realize people not only spend money to run, but also other expenses to run their car(n20, race fuel, oil, tires, etc..)
and to allow it to be unsafe like that is b.s. some of the nights the street cars ran there were a few backhalved race cars with huge ass tires running and even those cars struggled with traction. its not every night the prep is bad, but i have seen it more and more the last couple years.

i'd be willing to pay more to run. its only fair to joe, he needs to turn a profit as well. With the economy in the toilet right now it would be a dam shame to see a place with a long history and excelent racing surface to go under, be sold to make houses or worse yet made into a shopping center. i have been goin to atco over 35 years now, not to mention my father and uncles had raced since the track opened in the early 60's.