View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
GhostDakota

Talking Wheeling in Centralia - The "Real Silent Hill"

This is about my 15th or so trip to Centralia. As usual, for those who don't know, Centralia is located in east central Pennsylvania, not far from the former off-road park Paragon. There is a coal mine fire that has been burning under Centralia since the late 60's. The coal veins under Centralia and the neighboring towns are made up of Anthracite Coal. This type of coal is the cleanest & longest burning coal in the world. It has been estimated that the coal under Centralia can burn for another 250-500+ years, and possibly wipe neighboring towns off the map. The exact thing that has happened to Centralia.

This was more about wheeling & exploring the woods than Centralia itself. These are all shots with my cell phone. I'll upload some shots off my D2x (DSLR) later.

The group (My ZJ: No lift, 30" AT's, open front/rear; Buddies ZJ: AT's, 2" lift; Buddies MJ: 31" MT's, lift, LSD in rear Ford 8.8, 97-01 XJ front grill, bumper & fogs, etc.):

Trails:

Branch removal:

Poser flexing:

Very steep, slippery trail with some big rocks - does not look bad at all in these photos:

And back in Centralia:

All in all it was a great time. The MJ had a rear passenger side shock rip off the axle side. That was the only damage aside from the usual brush/tree memories, errr.. scratches.
-2003 VW Golf TDI - Turbo diesel @ 50 MPG highway
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L(ZJ) - 4.75" lift, 32" MTZ's, armor, etc.
GhostDakota is offline   Reply With Quote