View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
zraffz

1994 Z28 (Track Project)

I blame Jim (Lt1_8U) for everything I'm about to mention. What was originally going to be a cammed 355 with a 100 shot became plans for a track car with a bit of street time. The budget also went up about tenfold
As it sits I rather have invested or set aside money for the motor build, ignition, fuel and rear... still got to save up for trans/converter/suspension/nitrous/safety equipment. I figure I'm about 1/3 of the way there though.

I'll be talking to the local trans guy tomorrow to see where he gets his machine work done. I shot myself in the foot with my motor build - planned on running the stock crank and changed my mind after I had bought my pistons and rods. Should have built a dang stroker.

Basic Motor:
357CI, Trick Flow 185cc 21* heads, LE 236/244 .608"/.608" 110 LSA, Probe SRS -4cc flycut N2O pistons, Callies Compstar 5.7" h-beam rods, Eagle 3.48" forged crank, JE HNS rings (compatible to hellfire). Nitrous Outlet direct port (around 250 shot).

Way more parts downstairs and in my room but don't have any pictures.

Plan on running a 4L60E w/ trans brake, Yank 3600 converter, S60 rear and Spohn + BMR suspension. I'd be ecstatic with 9's but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote