View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
L695speed

My advice on the sway bars, stick with the factory ones. The biggest ones are 36 up front and 24 out back. There is a 25 rear sway bar but those are rare as hell and might not be ideal for handling on the street. I'm using a 36 up front which I upgraded from a 32 to go with the original 23 rear. They are common enough and can be had dirt cheap. I found the 36mm one for 15 bucks. The aftermarket sways just cost money. Get SFCs as well. I'm not sure if you're on thirdgen.org; but if you are, you will find you can't really do much as far as brakes go with the factory wheels. While I am rebuilding the car, it was mainly because it really needed it. My suspension was totally gone. The T56 was scored for 700 bucks. I am running the factory original 3.73 10 bolt rear. It was rebuilt back in the early 90s when my dad took it to a shop to have it done. I'm running an Eibach Pro Kit and Koni Yellows. Don't ask me how it performs because I don't know yet. I'm betting based on my friend's 82 and another friends 02, it will run mid 12s with ease, possibly run mid 11s if I get it to hook, and top out realistically somewhere north of 170 with mid to high 4 0-60 times. We've had the TA since 1990.

The lights are a neat touch, I'm not a big fan of the ones under the dash pad being on when you're driving. Its bad enough when you pass SUVs with their high beams on. But I like where you put them under the dash and in the wheel arch. Its a modern take on interior lighting.

Here are the pics for my car and project. Its been a work in progress since I tore apart the original blown motor in 2004, a gamble on a free motor in a swap didn't pay off hence the full blown build now. So there is over 500 pics in there, but not all of them are the project, some are of shows I went to that I put in the photo bucket so I could post them in forums. Its not all in order either, the first pages are the latest stage of the build. Heres the album, don't have to go through it all tonight.

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/s...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

In there you will see two pics of a black trans am with red C5 vette wheels, that one belongs to my friend, the show is the annual campus car show we had out there.

Last edited by L695speed; 03-15-2012 at 08:01 PM.