View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
jts98z28

car didnt start, battery is fine

okay, so i drove to work this morning with no issues, and 5 hours later when i go to take lunch break the car didnt start.
it was normal when i first put the key in, all the gauges were working and everything, then as soon as i went to start it everything just stopped. ive looked around and a lot of people have had a similar issue but radio and stuff still works, but my car was acting like it had a dead battery, no radio, no windows, gauges not even trying to move, no interior lights, and there was a very rapid clicking noise from what i assume is the BCM, about 1-2 times per second. when i took the key out and closed the door it stopped clicking, but if i had the door open and the key in the on position it stopped as well.
i assumed it was a bad battery but when i tested it, it had 12.7 volts. so i got my brother to give me a jump and it started right up, no problems and ran fine. i was even able to turn it off and turn it on a few minutes later without issue. but my main concern is this happening again, since i have no idea what it is does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote