View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

9in for my Camaro

decided that after the rental i should probably get a rear, 20 passes and clenching my butt cheeks on every one. i ponied up for a 9in ford engineered unit. i bought everything on black friday so saved some money with 10% off from moser and quick performance. it is built to hold way more than what im making now and probably will survive with whatever i throw at it in the future.

Moser housing fully gusseted and braced
1/2in screw in studs
fill/drain holes installed
stock width
31 spline axles
yukon aluminum third member
yukon trac-lok posi
4.11 gears
1350 yoke
third member assembled by quick performance.
rear brakes were upgrade to lt1 since the older third gen backing plates will not work without modifying them.

the install went fine, things fit perfectly. honest rookie mistake when pressing on the axle bearings.. i assembled them with the backing plates on the wrong sides (9in axles are different lengths). so that was a costly mistake with shop fees and the cost of new bearings. i also noticed the car does sit 3/4-1in higher than the rear due to the tall spring perches so i will have to get shorter springs for my weight jacks

havent really flogged on it yet, i really want to see how the car likes the gear. it is quiet with a slight whine on decel, kinda bummed about it but i will live with it.

overall i am happy with how it looks and now really cant wait for the racing season and hopefully another track rental

here are some pics

2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote