View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #22
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
That last pic... Where ya at on this, Nick? I saw on SnapChat that you got your hands on some paint...
well none of the above mentioned methods worked for getting that center pin out.. so I had to dremell, which took forever... after finally getting the pin out I realize, oh hey no c clips. so the previous owner use c clip eliminators, great. Now I pulled the carrier out, cleaned all the metal out from the dremell, and started to paint. Let it dry and the then tried to bolt on that nice Moser cover you also saw on snap chat and it doesn't fit. I ordered the cover for a GM 12 bolt passenger car and that is what I got, so I ran the part number of the housing. This is where things get bad.. turns out the housing is GM's "o type" housing which was used in Oldsmobile's for like 2 or 3 years. They have a 12 bolt cover and look like a 12 bolt, but inside are just the 8.5 10 bolts with 28 spline axles, the only benefit is they come with bolt in axles.. So basically I got double ****ed on the rear since he said it was 3.73 but was really 3.23 (there is like no aftermarket support for "o-type" rears) and also said it was a Chevy 12 bolt. Both of which I guess is my fault, either way very annoying. But in the end it will go in the car and I guess a further resolution will be delt with when/if this one blows up too.

Ill be putting it in the car and bring the drive shaft to get repaired monday
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 09-02-2016 at 05:42 PM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote