View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #64
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
I meant Adam and Mongo

If theres one thing ive learned, its trust the people that work at a dealer. When i first started at Audi 5 years ago, every one told me STAY AWAY from the twin turbo S4s and V8 S4s. I didnt listen. Bought my S4 in october of 2012 and it lasted 12k miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I know, was just taking the opportunity to poke fun at Al.

Yeah it's good to listen to people that see it every day. Now, could my customers just have bad luck? Sure. The dealership I worked at is just a tiny sample of what's out there but it's definitely concerning.
Maybe true for some cars, but the CTD is a different animal. Most dealers do not service these cars properly. I wouldnt be surprised if theres no formal training on such a complex setup. Seriously, of the 4 dealers I've been to, none have any idea what Dexos 2 low SAPS oil is. An absolute must for the health of the DPF/SCR and all the sensors downstream. Why am I the owner pointing that out ?? Plus this car only takes 5w-30 and only 4.75L. There has been one case of a diesel after it was serviced by a dealer who overfilled it. Highly trained tech Im sure. Last time I went for an oil change I was told my car didn't need it because it had 67% life left, then I had to show them how to scroll through the menu from fuel filter to oil life Can't tell you how many times I've pulled in the dealer service department and either heard "oh I didn't know they made that in a diesel" or mostly "omg wtf that engine sounds terrible". Yeah, it's a common rail diesel, not a gas ... so yeah, tell me more how awesome service is at a Chevy dealer! Since then I do my own service, at least I know it has the right oil and not overfilled.

As I stated already, the CTD had a lot of sensor issues and DEF tank heater failures in the beginning, many of which have been sorted out. I had a few, inconvenient ? Yes. Pay for any of them? No. Mercedes, dodge, vw, etc all face the same issues. Search around. Why do you think VW cheated? This is GMs first diesel passenger car in a while and add the epa requirements to that, so expect some bugs to work out. No reason to stay far away based on your experience. Besides, it can be tuned out. The engine is made in Germany and it's a proven setup, so tell me what exactly warranted a replacement? Was it serviced right? Did the owner drive with a "noise" and trash it themselves? It has a 5 year 100k warranty anyway.

For the two people you've mentioned, there are several people with more than 100k and one I know of with more than 200k. Maybe they just got lucky..
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel

Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 06-13-2017 at 05:45 PM.
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote