View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 08:23 PM   #7
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Fittings arrived very late in the day yesterday, so I didn't get to install anything until after work today. Again, its a LOT of fittings, but that is because every hard-line connection needs a tube-nut and tube-sleeve...also every connection at the solenoids needs a NPT-to-3an adapter. I also bought some extras just in case one or two get boogered up accidentally. Started mocking things up on the nitrous side today, and most of it is in place, and some of it is tightened down. Tomorrow I hope to make some progress on the fuel side of things. Had some ideas of where I wanted the purge line to purge, and I think I might get creative and use some of my old fittings to make a dual-purge setup that comes out from the cowl area. the fittings and lines would be hidden below where the windshield wipers rest with that mesh screening covering the open void. I am short a single -4male to -3 male fitting, I am hoping I can get it over at Bruce's speed shop this weekend. if not, I will just do a single purge pipe for now, and then add in a T-fitting (with the -4 to -3 adapter) later. I know, a LOT of fittings and a lot of connections for possible leaks. Maybe this will all get changed later in the future, so this is version1. Any comments or advice, feel free to let me know.

Jets I now have: .021, .024, .029, .032, .042, .050, .055, .062

The combinations I came up with for my 60 psi fuel pressure setup is:
75 shot = .042 nitrous + .021 fuel
100 shot = .050 nitrous + .024 fuel
125 shot = .055 nitrous + .029 fuel
150 shot = .062 nitrous + .032 fuel

I still am curious about the spark plug gap too, any thoughts (see post above this)

Worked up a quick tune file for a small 75 wet-progressive test shot. Set up some safety parameters or failsafes too. Keep in mind, that I will be letting off the button and not spraying nitrous during the gear-shifts. Therefore the computer will see this as "pedaling" and I have to account for that as I put in some of the values in tune (screenshots below)

Last edited by IROCZman15; 09-02-2021 at 10:05 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote