Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:13 AM   #2492
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

so, some interesting stuff.

been putting more time into the car the past 2 weeks trying to get it out on the streets. So after tacking a few odds and ends yesterday it was time to run the car through the gears and get to setting it up.

tried to do this last week, but i didnt realize the grommet for the trans dipstick wasnt reinstalled, so lets just say there was a lil mess.

So after tackling that, followed instructions and filled the trans with 6qts, and with the rear on jackstands, started the car. The car fired right up, and i went to add an addition 6qt as it says. while doing this i notice the wheels were turning. wtf.

shut car down and started to look into things. Cut to the chase and just popped the shift cable off and put the trans into N by hand via the arm that goes into the trans. After verifying it is in the N position, 2 clicks back. Start in park, 1 click into R, and 1 more click into N.

Started the car, wheels are still turning. And idk if maybe its an illusion just due to the lettering on the tires, but it looks like they are going pretty quick.

any ideas on what could be the issue here? ive even seen some people say this is normal. idk man.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote