View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #13
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Hell yeah man! That's the exact color combo I'd go with. I love my Camaro, I really do but I've been itching for something nicer like a V3 or a 14-16 E63.
Thanks! I like the Mercs but I'd need to own it during the warranty period. With the V3, I feel like if bad things happen there are enough shared parts between GM cars to get her back on the road without too much trouble.

Here is a quick update on the car since the last time I posted.

Quick/easy mods:

Rotofab intake - Picked it up mostly for a bit more blower noise but supposedly its good for another 20-30whp with no tune. The install was as simple as you can imagine.

Cosmetic:

- Entire front clip is protected with Suntek Ultra PPF (bumper, hood, front fenders, headlights, mirrors, splitter, etc.

- Side markers painted body color (factory amber looked terrible and aftermarket options just looked cheap or would stand out more)

- LED bulbs for the reverse lights and license plate lights. You'd think with the rest of the car being LED/HID, they would have just done this but I digress. The license plate lights took all of 3 mins to install however the reverse lights were overly annoying. Access is surprisingly terrible but after some struggle and cutup forearms, we have better lighting.

- Lastly the entire car was cut, polished and coated in IGL Kenzo ceramic coating. I enjoyed ceramic coating on my C7 as it made it easier to wash and it never needed any waxing to maintain the look. Tech has come a long way in 3+ years and this time I wanted to step it up to a professional coating. The only wrinkle is that I needed to work with an approved installer as these companies would not accept my "cherry certification" and resume as good enough to buy their product direct. The coating is said to be harder than the other professional products and carries a 4 year lifetime with no maintenance "toppers" needed. Most ceramic coatings will require you to use a "topper" which is essentially meant to be a sacrificial layer of product to avoid the ceramic being worn down/compromised.

Enter Mike from Show Shine Detailing out of Point Pleasant who happens to be a fellow racer, fbody owner and doing good work with respect to his detailing business. After explaining to him my conundrum of me being capable of detailing but lacking the ability to use this specific product, we worked out a good deal where I did a good amount of work on my end which will expedite his process and reduce my cost.

All paint was coated with the Kenzo product while the glass, wheels, calipers, interior (leather, microsuede, carpets, mats, trunk, etc.) received specific coating products from IGL for those surfaces. I was told to expect a good amount of gloss after all was said and done but holy hell was I surprised with the results.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote