View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #3
V
Stalker

I used the block of abs and a press mounted dremel and cheap compound table to mill out my design. Initial tests were positive so the need to make more was justified. Therefore, I finally broke down and bought one off amazon, a very basic one ($198 shipped after I saw they had a $20 off coupon), and a spool of black pla filament($21.00). The filament just arrived this morning, and the printer will be here by the end of the day. The other night I used freecad to draw up the item I want to print and it seems to look good. I then had to download a program called Cura, also free, to do all the magic converting stuff. Right now I have my object in the cura program and it shows how it will be printed in the 3d printed. Now once the printer arrives, I just need to assemble it and take it from there. Due to the nature of what I'm printing, just beginning the patent process, I won't be able to show finished photos. But ill be sure to show as much as I can as well as any other items I draw up or download and print.

Last edited by V; 04-17-2021 at 09:38 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote