Thread: Frame Tweaked?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Yeah, I triple checked tonight. The bottom of each is aligned witht he index holes, and the tops are sitting correctly. And right now the rear leafs are loose, and with the LCA bushings I am using (global west del-a-lum lowers), the front end has good free travel. So it isn't weird bind.

I pulled the shocks out and measured from upper mount (frame) to lower mount (LCA) on each side - same measurement each side. So I think the springs are at the same height each side. I did notice that on the low side of the car, where the rebound bumper on the LCA would contact the frame, the frame looks like the bumper came in heavy contact - there is an indentation that would match the OE bumper, and the other side does not have that. So I am guessing that side got super compressed at one time.

The LCA and spindles appear to be strait. I did a bunch of measurements on each side trying and everything was the same.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote