Thread: Skidpad testing
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I call bunk.

C3 vettes handle like **** from the factory...
He didn't drive a C3, he drove a C5. I've driven a C2 with a 427, didn't handle worth a damn compared to the third gen F bodies and I'm told C3s are similar. They'd require a whole host of chassis upgrades.

Paul I have a friend whose dad's shop proves your point everyday, I've seen the same. My brother I think is hung up on it has to have two seats and preferably midengined to be a sports car.... The MR2 sure, Fiero....no (he has both), so I think what he means is from the factory you can't really match a purpose built sports car. From that point, he does have a point, though I don't entirely agree with it. Though the later F bodies came damn close. Now can you make a car go and stop like a fully built race car and still have it street legal, sure of course you can, what car you want to make do so, depends on how big is the check book is.

I may be able to look up the 4th gen numbers vs the 15th anniversary and GTA numbers to get an idea on tire sizes making a difference. I think they did, not the best comparison but they're close enough everywhere else to make a fair basis.

Last edited by L695speed; 10-17-2012 at 11:05 AM.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote