View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 08:59 PM   #392
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

I was able to buy an actual Holley Sniper Injector from one of the fellas on the Holley EFI forums for $40. He runs a performance shop out in Oregon and has a few snipers that have become "parts donors". He shipped me the injector, and I installed it in a matter of minutes. Test primed the injectors and all 4 sprayed. Loaded in a known good tune and the car ran just like it should. Issue solved, and hopefully staying solved. I will be hanging on to the O'Rileys FJ988 injector in case of another bizarre injector failure, but now I know where I can get sniper injectors should the need arise; I will probably buy one more from him to keep as a spare.

Had a bunch of conversations with Jegs over the past few months regarding the cracks in the front wheels (see photos/description back from around may 2021). As mentioned before, since I was not the original purchaser of the wheels, they couldn't help me out with a zero-cost replacement. They agreed that the cracks in the hubs were odd, and also that the machined surface of the hub was not true. I was offered a take-it-or-leave-it reduced price of $106 per wheel, so i decided to just go ahead and buy two new ones. Prior to this I did bring the wheels to the fabricator who built the roll bar and he said he could certainly fix them for me, but his work load is too heavy for a while and it would cost me more than $106 per wheel for him to fix. If I can ever get my Miller EconoTig welder to weld aluminum properly, I still might try to fix them one day if I am looking for oddball projects to do. Yet, for now, I will just peel the tires off the cracked wheels, have the tires mounted on the new wheels and put the cracked ones off to the side to be re-visited another day. Looks like Jegs (or whoever casts this wheel) has made some changes to the design over the years. The spokes are bigger and the triangle windows are bigger. There is less meat to the rim, and the hub area is also different too. Both wheels are 15"x4" but the design has changed. I think I like it better, but I will see what it looks like on the car with a tire.

Took the afternoon on Saturday to do a clay, polish, sealer, wax job on the exterior paint and got het car looking mighty slick. Planned on going over to the TriCounty Car show over in Wayne on Sunday, but they canceled it due to iffy weather. Turned out to be a really nice weather day, but oh well.. another canceled event for me this season, seems to be a trend.

There is a MSNE autocross next week at MetLife Stadium and I think I am going to sign up. It is a Friday (usually MSNE is Sundays), but I am off on Fridays, so I think I will give it a go. IT might be my last autocross event of the year, as I did want to start getting nitrous stuff installed come September. So a very short autocross season was caused by Met Life canceling two events, and me having the car away at the roll-bar fabrication shop the entire month of June. It's ok, UMI was a general success and man, these tires are just killer!

oh, also, Motor Trend did an online article about the UMI event.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...enge-coverage/
Pretty good gallery of action photos.
In my photo it was when I was heavy on the brakes just before going into the 180 degree left handed downhill turn in the afternoon of day 1.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-09-2021 at 09:46 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote