View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 09:25 PM   #2
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Stopped by Bruce's speed shop today to get my 10 pound bottle filled. I had emptied it down to zero so it was dead empty. Bruce now charges for nitrous by the pound, which is good, because I will just need to get the bottle topped off from time-to-time and not need a full fill. I am considering a second bottle to keep as a spare full bottle, as this will cut my trips to his shop in half. new bottles are expensive thought at $300 a piece! yikes

UPS brought my summit racing order today.
-sidenote: I will be returning the $290 NTK wideband oxygen sensor. I had done a bunch of research on the Holley EFi websites and the NTK sensor is highly recommended for nitrous(forced induction) setups. Yet, just today I spoke with one of the top tech guys via email who told me that the NTK sensor is compatible with all other holley EFI systems, however it is NOT compatible with the holley sniper system. So, I verified, that my best course of action is to use the Innovate HBX-1 extender along with my current oem holley bosch sensor. It will be good to go. So, I might take the money from the returned sensor and either buy a second nitrous bottle, OR buy a removable bottle heater. Those bottle mounts with the bottle heater built in are cool too, but way too expensive for me. There seems to be a lot of bottle heater options, so I will have to do some research on that topic.

Hope to make some progress this weekend with mounting and wiring, that way i can figure out what fittings I need to order. Also, still waiting on the fuel pressure safety switch to arrive, delivery scheduled for next Thursday.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-27-2021 at 10:04 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote