View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 08:07 PM   #5
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

there are a lot of safety deactivations that I can program in the sniper software, but sadly one of them is not fuel pressure. The terminator and other Holley systems do monitor fuel pressure, but unfortunately the sniper does not. I can program it to kill the nitous at certain rpms, throttle position percentages, rich/lean afr conditions, and of course if I stop holding my momentary switch on the shifter. It would be awesome if the sniper monitored fuel pressure and could kill the nitrous system if it sensed low pressure, but I am thinking that the low fuel pressure would also cause a lean condition and therefore THAT would disable the nitrous? And/or I can install the fuel pressure safety switch, but on one hand it is just more components, more wiring, and more connections to make in an already crowded area. Some sniper nitrous guys don't use a fuel pressure safety switch and some do.

Got most of the engine bay wiring done today. Wired up the nitrous driver solenoid, the power and ground wires to the nitrous/fuel solenoids, and the purge solenoid too. Gotta finish covering everything in protective split-loom, and then run some wires into the cabin to my buttons.

Gotta place the order for the -an fittings too, maybe later tonight. Gotta also change the spark plugs and then start to get into the holley software to build a base tune. Oh, and also, I gotta order some nitrous jets. have yet to do the math on what jets I'll need for a 100, 150, and 175 shot, with a fuel pressure at 60psi.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote