View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #11
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

thanks fellas. Took the car out for a few quick test runs locally. A progressive 75 shot, a fixed 75 shot, and then two brief fixed 100 shots. It pulls hard, I love it. I took some datalogs, and I am still trying to learn how to understand a nitrous datalog. Mostly to make sure my AFR is safe and the engine is happy. I also pulled plugs after the 75 shots and those looked good to me. I Probably should either buy one of those magnifying glasses with a light on it, or start using the hole-saw method to cut the plugs apart and see the fire ring on the porcelain. Timing marks on the ground strap are right at the bend of the strap, and my timing is fixed at 32 deg when the nitrous is on. Normally is it is at 34.5 deg at wot, and on the log, the bright yellow "flatter line (upper graph) is my actual timing. The darker-yellow colored "box shaped" line (lower graph) is when i am actually spraying the nitrous, the light blue "box shaped" line (upper graph) is telling me that my "timing modifier" feature is active, and I have it to hold the fixed 32 deg timing for .5 seconds AFTER I am off of the button.

Also, I am currently NOT spraying during the shifts, but on track day I probably will keep the button down during the shifts. The AFR trace seems to have lot of spikes when i am on the nitrous, so I have to find out if that is "normal during nitrous" or not. I thought there was a way I could smooth the data-points, but I can not seem to figure out how. I'm sure I will get all this sorted out soon enough, but in case anyone had any input on reading a nitrous datalog, feel free to let me know your technical thoughts. Thanks

I do think I will end up using the $ that I got from returning the expensive oxygen sensor towards a bottle heater. As discussed above, it would certainly help me maintain a more consistent bottle pressure and I would also need less trips to Bruce's to get the nitrous bottle filled.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 09-06-2021 at 08:48 PM.
IROCZman15 is online now   Reply With Quote