View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #13
The Fixer

OK, here's what I've come up with. Hopefully this looks good to you guys - if not, lets hear some ideas on what to change.

Quote:
Dear Senator,
I am writing to you today to ask for your support of S.B. 629. This is the bill that would require the issuance of only a single, rear-mounted license plate for
motor vehicles. As an automobile enthusiast and lifetime resident of New Jersey, I applaud the Transportation Committee for trying to get this bill passed. S.B. 629 would save money, conserve resources and bring New Jersey in line with 19 other states that have moved to a single plate requirement, including our neighbors Pennsylvania and Delaware. S.B. 629 would also allow owners who were issued two license plates prior to the enactment and effective date of the bill to return one of the plates to the Motor Vehicle Commission, and it would protect the aesthetic contours of vintage and collector cars and relieve vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on some original bumpers.

In addition, under the new inspection guidelines which were enacted in 2010, a motor vehicle can even pass inspection at a state or private facility with an Advisory notice as long as one undamaged license plate is present. And motorcycles registered in New Jersey are only required to have a rear-facing license plate. I hope that you can fight to have S.B. 629 passed and enacted into law.

Sincerely,

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...

Last edited by The Fixer; 03-07-2014 at 03:05 PM.
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote