View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 12:26 PM   #605
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I edited the post above to include the dyno printout from pull #2. I had the file re-sent to me.
I am also listing the clock's time during the pull, so we can see how long there was in between each one.
1. 10:42 am (all motor 35 deg no lockup air filter on)
2. 10:53 am (all motor 35 deg no lockup air filter off)
3. 11:09 am (all motor 35 deg lockup on)
4. 11:24 am (all motor 37 deg no lockup)
- an hour break in between before starting nitrous
5. 12:24 pm (150 shot no lockup)
6. 12:42 pm (150 shot no lockup again)
7. 12:55 pm (150 shot lockupon)
8. 1:34 pm (jet change to a 175 shot, no lockup)
9. 1:49 pm (200 shot, no lockup)
10. 2:06 pm (175 shot, no lockup)
- 1 hour break again
11. 3:03 pm (back to the original 150 shot no lockup)
- Still haven't had time to really dig into comparing the datalogs to the dyno graphs and figuring out what I need to figure out. Hopefully soon, just putting the photos and videos out there in the meantime.

Nitrous pulls:

Pull 5:
I typically keep a 150 shot jetting in the system, which is a .059 nitrous and .030 fuel jet, so this is where we started. I added a half can of the "Race Gas" actual fuel octane additive to the fuel tank when we were done with all-motor pulls. I always target a 12.4:1 AFR when on the nitrous, and for a 150 shot, I was pulling out 5 degrees of timing. So all motor 35deg, minus 5, is a clean 30 deg on the wet 150 shot. The resulting power numbers are pretty much on-point for what a 150 shot should produce to the wheels, and it was a gain of 139 hp but only 95 foot pounds of tq. Odd, also odd was the general trend of the datalog reading more rich because typically I see lean afr numbers. On the datalog, you can quickly tell when the nitrous was hit, as the horizontal yellow line is my ignition timing and it goes flat 35 deg diagonally down to a flat 30 deg during the pull, until the last moment when Jeff got off the nitrous and stayed WOT for a moment afterwards as a safe way of ending the pull.

505 hp and 470 tq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIMlwqGeP0M

Checking fuel pressure with Go-Pro Camera pointed at gauge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN3LYSQI9x4

Pull 6:
We did the exact same pull, changed nothing yet, but Jeff wanted to watch the other O2 sensor, not the holley one. The 3 year old holley one is the drivers side header and is the one that has been responsible for all the datalogs I have ever posted. The AEM gauge is on the passenger side header, and I have a digital gauge in my A-pillar, but this is not datalogs and is only for my visual reference at this point in time. It also read rich, Jeff saw most numbers in the 9, 10 and 11 AFR during the pull. I mean, its way better than going lean, but now I am wondering why the efi is lean at the track and rich at the dyno. Optimally, the horizontal blue and green lines should be married together as tight as possible, that is certainly not the case here. However, this was the best the car would do, everything else the rest of the day was worse. In total, the 150 jetting gained 149 hp and 111 in torque to the wheels. The peak numbers were also at pretty much the same 5700 rpm area. The two graphs aren't really able to be laid over each other because they have different axis (time, power, rpm) but the graph shows it falling off hard right at 5700, so if you go to my datalog, thats right where the "trouble begins". See the brighter red line, thats rpm trace. When Jeff goes WOT it climbs up fast, but then once either the converter grabs ( I think) the rpm climb slows way down and the AFR begins to get wacky.

515 hp and 474 tq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9S8HXcs1Vc

Pull 7:
before changing jets, we wanted to see how the car would react to locking up the Yank 3800 torque converter. Same jetting, timing, etc.At WOT, revs started to gain but slowly since the converter was 1:1 locked. Nitrous came on and thats the big climb in rpms where it goes from 3500-4500 but then goes back to slow climbing. AFR trending rich again especially in the middle. It made more torque this way (gained 41 foot pounds, but was a good bit less hp (down by 16 hp).498 hp and 515 tq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHyoVnV6UY

Last edited by IROCZman15; 09-30-2023 at 12:30 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote