View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
L695speed

Tuning a TPI motor

Does anyone on here, know anyone who can tune the computer or help me fine tune the L98? I know people say they are a pain. But I am sticking with the FI here. I am game to working on it myself, afterall, I did rebuild the bottom end of this thing. The car seems to run on the rich side. It passed emissions, and I've had it to the track running within a 1/10th of a second from 14.9 to 15.0 not counting the one I blew the tires off trying to stall it, (that one still ran a 15.6 once I caught the rear and got it to hook). But I know it can run a lil quicker.

When I reassembled it I put in an LT1 cam from a 97 Camaro. I know its within the limits of the computer, but its enough to need to be tuned. I still gotta do the valve seals (yes I know... I know... but at the time it seemed like the smoke could have been from the bottom end. Lesson learned, so lets leave that be.) If someone can give me a hand tuning the FI and so on that would be awesome. I think I sent Dave a PM on the subject but I haven't heard back from him.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote