View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 09:24 PM   #16
jmi88SC

I joined the zoom meeting. The prospective buyer laid out their plans for an auto auction facility (IAA) and answered questions from local officials. There’s another zoom meeting in early March, to continue answering questions from the public.

It seems the Pinelands Commission has already signed off on the proposal, so if the local twp. approves the change of use; it’s looks like it’s done as a drag strip.

It’s business and I imagine there’s a lot of money involved but I’m disappointed that the current owner, who is a long time drag racer, chose to sell to a company that will shut down the track.

He could have, IMHO, been a steward, an advocate for a sport he was involved in for 30+ years and maybe take less money but have the track live on; instead the sport suffers an immense loss. He had the power, even if he no longer wanted to operate the track, to preserve drag racing for current & future generations and chose not to.

This track is/was the THE go-to for the tri-state area; many New Jerseyans, New Yorkers and Eastern Pennsylvanians called this track, home.

Joe
jmi88SC is offline   Reply With Quote