View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #86
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Matt, ah, cool thanks for that link. in recent months I have been browsing a lot on the Holley tech support forums but I have not come across that page. Some complicated stuff there that I will really have to dig through, but in the end, my gut is telling me I may not have luck with knock sensor(s) on this setup. I have seen a TON of posts by that super-tech guy Danny Cabral and he sure knows his stuff. He seems to answer everyones questions accurately every time.
-- good point about reading the plugs. that is wise indeed. It will be difficult to do this while street tuning (since all tracks are closed), but maybe I can find a way to do a full throttle rip and then shut it down to check plug markings in a safe spot.

Did the oil change today. 512 miles on the new engine. Oil came out dark and there was only a very small amount of metal "sludge" on the magnetic drain plug. I wiped this onto a clean paper towel:

I cut open the filter and found no metal, but on the inside of some of the pleats I found some trace amounts crusty crumbly black buildup. what would that be?

installed a 1/32" spacer shim between the ministarter and the dart SHP block. unplugged the ignition coil and cranked the engine over a few times. no grinding or clanging noise at the flexplate. that should be it for that then.

haven't had much time recently to browse around for catch-can options. Talkign with Larry, a small fat one might fit on the firewall behind the brake booster, and above the C100 wiring bulkhead, but aside from that area, there really isn't a space under the hood that I am thrilled about bolting a catch can to, let alone running hoses to/from. Does it have to be at the same height as a valve cover, or can it be mounted low and out of the way since it is a sealed system? anyone have any other interesting ideas on where to mount one under my hood which is arranged this way:

(keep in mind that underhood appearances are important to me)

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote