View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:09 PM   #117
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Yes. I have the factory cooling loop , which I bought a brand new replacement of back in February. I handy planned on having pump overheating problems with the brand new pump, Since I hadn’t had more. That just a simple overheat and re-cooling issue with my other stock 1987 oem pump during the various autocross and road course stuff... but I guess I’m working the car harder now... so a Steering fluid cooler is a must have . I can get a long skinny tune and fin one and mount it under the radiator where the current loop Metal line is, or I can get one of the rectangular style trans cooler units, and find somewhere to mount that. Going to get under the car tomorrow and measure. The so pant who sold me
The pump contacts me today with instructions on how to ship it back to them so that they can send me a replacement. So tomorrow I’ll be removing the pump, and keeping the pulley and sending the pump back to them. They agree, that it should not have failed this soon despite how it was used. So either I’m getting a free replacement or a replacement for a reduced price.

I’m thinking I’ll have to flare the lines when I cut them to install the new cooler, it will be rubber going over metal line with a clamp, but I should flare them to prevent any potential leaks etc?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote