View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 08:23 PM   #373
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

cool, thanks.

Got the new tires put on. Alignment done also. Put about 80 miles on the tires so far, damn they are great! They do throw around a LOT of road pebbles into the wheel-wells and the outer fenders. yikes. Traveled about 15 of those miles in active rain too, and while I was a bit nervous, they did good and nothing silly happened. Didnt get good photos of them on the car yet.

As mentioned before, the new replacement radiator is installed and doing well. Temps seem to be pretty much about where they usually are, but time will tell if the 3-row is better/same/worse than the 2-row. I am just happy for no leaks.

Decided to dig into the oil pressure issue again because I have some autocross events coming up. Hooked up the mechanical gauge and got readings of 55-60 psi with a cold engine at idle. With some revvs on the cold oil/engine it went to 85-90 i am happy with this. Just the readings on the dashboard gauge tell me a different story and it is unsettling looking at an incorrect gauge wile driving. Did lots of wiring testing, swapped out sending units and pulled out the dashboard. I could get into details but I don't know if it is worth it. I emailed the company who built the tachometer (which has the oil pressure gauge built into it) and he is kind enough to send me out a new board to try out, so hopefully that will be here soon and fix the problem. basically even though i know I have healthy oil pressure, i want to visually see it on the dashboard gauge. Instead, as soon as key on/engine off the needle maxxes out and lives there, showing me that I have 120+ psi of oil pressure with a non running engine.
I have tested grounds and ohms and whatnot.

I just signed up for the MSNE autocross day this upcoming Sunday at Met-Life Stadium. Hopefully it will be sufficient practice prior to the UMI event next weekend.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-13-2021 at 08:24 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote