View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 06:28 PM   #52
V
Stalker

I'll be starting to list parts for sale tonight but probably nothing on this site since its not an f-body.

Earlier I mentioned other issues the car has/may have. The major one is that the previous owner had a front end collision and the front "frame" section was replaced. The section from just in front of the passenger tire around to the driver side behind the headlight is from a different car. The welded seam was rusting and thats how I noticed it. The repair is decent but causes concern now that after I just redid the front suspension, the drivers wheel sits slightly forward in the wheel well. It is probably a cradle alignment issue but unless the front frame witness mark is located perfectly, an accurate alignment is impossible. That was what I was dealing with prior to this happening. I was in touch with an shop in CT that knows GTOs very well that was going to check it out possibly. There is also a section of the frame "rail" on the drivers side under the firewall that has a bubbling/flaking rusty section about 6"x8" that would need to be cut out and repaired. Car also leaks water through the door seals in heavy rain so the original carpet it pretty beat. I did buy a replacement though.
On top of all that, the radiator is leaking and needs to be replaced, passenger door lock doesn't work, parking brake doesn't work, and seats could use new leather covers.

Due to ALL of that on top of the tree damage now, I don't think any reasonable person would fix it. The motor/trans is ideal for my GTA, and a swap that I had wanted to do since I got the GTA 8 years ago. The GTO/Monaro was a fun car while it lasted but its time to move on.

Last edited by V; 09-05-2021 at 08:47 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote