View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #3
V
Stalker

I've wanted one for a while now and about 2 years ago I really looked into it to try to find a good one and gave up eventually. I figured I'd look again in the future. What I want is one that comes on everytime I start the car and records in a loop, over maybe a few hours. I also wanted it to serve as some type of protection for when the car is parked. Some had the feature of turning on when parked so if someone hit your car it would start. But I was having issues with door dings and my old apartment and reviews said most wouldn't pick up small impacts like that. Also with the loop recording feature, several cams had reviews about an in-use "accident" setting that would lock a section of video if there was an impact during driving, then keep recording in a loop afterwards. The problem that came up were bumpy roads or stiff suspension would trigger this locking feature and the memory would fill up very fast even with larger sd cards.
Those issues is what put my search on hold for the most part. I even looked into a go pro setup but chose against that. I almost want a system like law enforcement use with a DVR in the trunk and separate cameras. Then some type of battery setup to allow recording when parked(only certain times if I activate it) with a low battery shut off to prevent a dead battery.

I'm interested to see what you find with your research since you are very in depth and in detail with everything you take on. Costco usually has a version for under 100 that I was going to try just for the heck of it, but barely driving my car, and now waiting for parts for 2+ months, I dont need one just yet, but for spring I would like something.
V is offline   Reply With Quote