View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #309
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I know, I know, nobody reads this junk anyways.. but it is a good way for me to keep all my stuff in one place to look back at and on the oddball chance that people can help out with what I am experimenting with, I still decide to post the details of my adventures.

Did get to Englishtown for the Swap-Meet/Car-Show event on Saturday. Rained when I was leaving, but that wasn't a problem. The crazy maniacs on the parkway and roads were insane. Even at 9 am on a Saturday, the trip was treacherous; those drivers scare me.

Had a good time at the show, met a ton of cool people and spent most of the day chatting tech with people. It was strange to see a boat dry-docked on the grass by where the 1000' cone used to be at the dragstrip. I walked through a portion of the swap meet and chatted with a fellow O.G. njfboa member but I didn't spend too much time browsing for parts.

Ended up very confused/surprised when they called my name for Top 5 of the whole show. I was hoping for mayyyybe top 25, but did not expect a Top 5 award. Pretty cool, they took my photo by the back wall and put it up on their website. The blue hot rod won best of show.

Drove the car home and pulled off the wheels, removed the passenger seat, sound system, nitrous, so that I could pack my usual supply of tools, parts, and equipment for tomorrows dragstrip day.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote