View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #39
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

FUEL SYSTEM IS COMPLETE AND WORKING PROPERLY.

Yesterday I finished up the lines and connections at the tank bulkhead. cut the vent tube and the "honk" valve metal lines off and ran new fuel rated rubber lines from the tank. I also wired in the wiring harness that I got from racetronix already prebuilt. It gets power from the alternator, so the voltage will be above 14volts to feed the pump. the wiring was a little long so I had to loop it onto itself back by the tank. it came with the built in relay, connectors, and chassis ground terminal. The body-mount clamps I got fit the -6 return line perfectly, so that is hard mounted along the chassis and underbody. I have some billet clamps that attach the -6 line to the -8 feed line along the path too, and then the wiring, vent tube line, and the brake line to the rear axle are all zip tied together. The filter is large, so I was limited on areas to mount it, but I found a good enough spot for it.

When it was all said and done I connected the battery and tested for voltage. I put the keyON and heard the pump prime. it did. I then removed the coil wire from the distributer and cranked the engine a few times to build fuel pressure in the line and check for leaks. no leaks. Figured, what the heck and reconnected the ignition. after a bout only 2 seconds, the engine started up and ran. let it run at idle for about 10 seconds and shut it all off. went underneath with a dry papertowel and checked for leaks. no leaks. let everything sit for about 15 mins and cranked it over again. ran for 10 seconds at idle and turned it off. no leaks. as was suggested to me on TGOi supported the underside of the engine for balance/safety.

so hopefuly that totaly wraps it up for the fuel system portion of this winter's project
I'll now reassemble the rear end after I put in the new longer wheel studs. I hear what you guys are saying about buying a new posi unit, but I really would like to NOT put any more $ into this 177,000 mile rear axle assemble. Those hundreds of doallrs would be way better off going towards the new rear end. I'll just not hammer on the car until I have the axle here or being built.

still completely unsure about what path I will go with rearends, and what to do about this brake setup.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote