View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #8
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Now For the bad stuff

-The car does nothing when key is in ignition.

-Paint is not of any type of show quality.
-Needs new slave cylinder
-Passenger window motor will go down. You won't get it to go back up.
-Rear seats are removed (eh, not really a problem for me, but resale could be)
-Sound system is garbage & wiring is hack
-Passenger side kick panel is broke
-The tires need to be replaced at all 4 corners.
-The rear fenders need to be rolled if running 315s like it currently has.
-Driver's side motor mount has a bolt missing on the K member side.
-Driver's side windows switch panel needs to be replaced
-All fluids should be changed at this point.
-Headers have surface rust.
-A/C stopped blowing cold long ago and I never looked into why.

In bold are the 3 items i wanted to tackle first to try to get it road worthy at least.

-The car does nothing when key is in ignition.

honestly, all i did was swap in a new battery from napa. Car fires right up without a damn hiccup. had it idling long enough to get it warm a few times.

-The rear fenders need to be rolled if running 315s like it currently has.

simple, took the fender roller home from work for the night and went at it. This is much more of a pain than i remember, i guess im getting old!

-The tires need to be replaced at all 4 corners.

This was half true. The 315s that were on the car when picked up were completely shot. Dry rotted even in the middle of the tread, and the sidewalls chunked and torn up from the non rolled fenders. Also, in my excitment to get the car out of view of the owner as fast as possible before any minds were changed, i somehow manage to run the straps for the rear wheels right ontop of the valve stems on both sides. ripping both of them out.

As for it being half true, the 315s were on the ZR1 wheels. which the matching fronts were off the car and must have been kept either off the ground or in stowage totes, bc yes they are old by the DOT, but they are not dry rotted at all, and are ready for action.

For the rears, i planned on tossing on some low end rubber just to get the car going, but wanted to keep 315s for dat arse. butttt, i hopped on my tirerack account and saw the Toyo R888rs were on clearance for $15 more than the crap tires.....

while i had the wheels at work being done, i checked out the brakes and painted the calipers red. did i want to do red? no. will some highschool kid that wants to buy the car from me want red? yes.

Pads have a ton of life on them, and rotors are great other than the rust. So im gunna give her a few spirited stops and then decide if i should do them. Most likely a yes, but i wasnt doing brakes with the car on jackstands on a trailer anyway.

LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote