View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 07:20 PM   #376
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

The AUTOCROSS at Met-Life stadium got canceled today. Not because of rain, not because of low turnout, but for a really unfortunate reason....parking.
So, yesterday there was supposed to be a Monster Truck Monster Jam event, which got rained out. So, the stadium rescheduled it for today, the same day as our MSNE autocross event. Both COULD have gone on simultaneously, but the word is that the stadium realized that they could gain more money in vehicle parking fees from monster jam spectators, compared to the money they would gain from MSNE autocross. So, at freaking 9 pm last night, less than 12 hours prior to the start of the autocross race, they canceled it on us. What a bummer it was. I planned my whole weekend around this and needed the practice so I could get used to the new tires, new roll bar, 5 point harnesses, and to built an EFI tune off of what I would have gained today. Now I will be showing up to the big UMI autocross with no real autocross seat time. Not cool. not fun.

I took the car over to an industrial/business park area and did my best to run the car through some pretend slaloms, tight turns, and lock-to-lock turns. Car did well, tires got sticky and picked up a ton of rocks/gravel. Kept it at safe speeds, but doing this was not nearly the equivalent of what I could have practiced at a real autocross. I am mad at Met-Life stadium for being greedy and pulling the last minute cancellation on the MSNE group. I'm guessing if it was the SCCA autocross group scheduled for today, they would not have gotten bumped out in favor of parking.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote