View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 09:49 PM   #36
V
Stalker

Still slowly working on the car. Recently replaced the sagging stock rear springs with brand new pedders brand zero-drop springs as well as installed new rear shocks which were blown. Ordered and recieved a set of 4 new tires which I need to make an appointment to get them installed. Replaced a broken trim panel on the interior and swapped out the Pontiac sill plate logos for holden logos. I even got around to fixing the driver's window which broke off the track guide. Common issue. Passenger side got fixed shortly after I bought the car. Tonight I just finished up installing a k&n cai setup. Bought it used on ebay but seller didn't include one support bracket and the heat shield was all rusty. So after stripping, treating and painting the heat shield, replacing the gasket around the shield, and fabricating a new bracket, its all in and fits great.

Next jobs are to replace the hood struts, front radius rod bushings and front sway bar links. Then maybe I can look into some power upgrades. Heads/cam/bolt -ons like my old '01 SS is the idea but I'd like a freshened up short block if I go that far. And finding a good used ls1 block is tough.

Oh, and the engine cover came out nice. However the easiest way to mount it is to buy used brackets from ebay Australia which I haven't got around to yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200530_213323.jpg (93.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20200530_213254.jpg (89.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20190720_221714.jpg (83.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by V; 05-30-2020 at 09:58 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote