View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #380
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Just when I thought everything was in place for a great weekend, a complete curveball comes my way! During my drive out to the event I had a misfire, and checking the holley sniper handheld I realized that there was a fuel issue because it was compensating by adding a TON of fuel. Determined that one of the 4 injectors in the holley sniper throttle body is not flowing any fuel; verified this by looking down the barrels. 3 of the injectors spray fuel, the front passenger side does not. As i was troubleshooting this on rt 80 in Nj I was texting with Larry and changing tunes and going into open loop mode. The sniper CL comp and learn functions did their job quite well and I did an easy cruise alllllllll the way to the track, which took 5 hours instead of the usual 4 hour. Chatted with Tom, Ramey and a bunch of people here while trying to source a replacement. Apparently Holley uses a non-available style/specification of injectors, and when people's injectors fail, they require the sniper to be shipped back to holley for repair. Kinda not what I had hoped to hear, 230 miles from home, and less than a few hours before my favorite autocross event of the year. O'Rileys auto parts has an LS# injector that may fit, but it only flows about half the fuel 942 pounds) compared to the 100 pound holley injector. I ordered it anyways, it is Standard Motor parts PN FJ988 and it wont be in their store here by the track until 4pm tomorrow, which is when day 12 of autocross ends.*

* Not sure what I am going to do, would hate to sit the event out before I even make one lap. I could run it on 3 injectors and just add a ton of fuel to the other 3 injectors to compensate..because it is a TBI setup.* *Man, of all the weekends for something to fail, it had to be this weekend. jeez

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote