Thread: Time for shocks
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Time for shocks

On my 1995 Z28, my suspension currently consists of:
-HyperCoil lowering Springs Advertised at 1.25'' (but its alot lower)
-Bilstien HD Shocks F & R
-Spohn Non Adjustable Tubular LCA's w/ Poly Bushings
-Spohn Weld In Relocation Brackets
-Spohn Tubular Sub-Frame Conectors
-BMR Non Adjustable Pan-Hard Bar w/ Poly Bushings
-RK Sport 2-Point Tower Bar
-SLP 1LE Front & Rear Sway Bar w/ Poly Bushings

I believe I recently blew out the passenger side rear shock, because my rear wheel slaps the body (possibly the bump stops, body, or inner fender wells) Either way its not good.

I kept the Bilstien HD shocks from when I was on an SLP Eibach kit but I recently decided to go lower. Also I am noticing the car likes to drift & float a little on the highway which leads me to believe that the shocks are no good for the springs anymore.

What should I be looking to upgrade to? I'm not a millionaire, and I would like to keep it simple. I was hoping to keep it cheap in the rear with KYB brand struts & go with either Global West Front ride height adjusting kit up front, or HAL adjustable shocks with BMR adapters to keep my springs up front.

My car is not daily driven, I'm not concerned with ride quality as far as road noise or harshness. I do drive it on the street, I like to go to shows (height matters), I occasionally take it to the track and I also want to start Auto-X.

Can you give me some pointers or suggestions as far as brands, where to get them and so on?