View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #80
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

I had posted over at NastyZ that I got the Stainless works swap headers and they came with the motor mount adapter plates, but the ones I got were made wrong, they were too tall and hit the lower rail on the engine. I called SW and they were the ones that said they were made wrong, they were supposed to contact me today, but I didnt hear anything.
Regardless, my cousin and friend came over on Saturday and helped me for a few hours. When I told my cousin about the issue with the swap plates he said he "couldnt wait" another week to get the engine in the car so he ground the plates down to the proper height and painted them and the clamshells. Then around this time my uncle also came over and we all got the LR4 in the car.

The headers are excellent! They practically fell into place in there, it does help that I dont have anything else there though. The brake line is in the way ever so slightly and I just have to pull it back a little on the left side to get the header into place. Also the headers basically in-line with my current exhaust, so I wont have to do much to get them together, just need some 3 bolt flanges that I can fit on the collectors and I should be ready to go.

Last night I also started on getting the harness ready as a "stand alone" I got about 3/4 of the way there last night. Taking off the loom and the harness tape is the most time consuming part of the whole job. It was also a lot less daunting once I got into it. I wouldnt hesitate to do it again. I worked on it a little more tonight. I have the harness on the engine now all draped on, layed where it will go in the end. For now I am just going to leave the ECM in the engine compartment, I am going to hid it on the back of the inner fender under the fender to keep it out of sight for the most part.

Once I start on the AAW Classic update body and engine harness Ill integrate the two together and try starting the engine before I get too far into putting the rest of the car back together.

I would also like to say a big "Thank you " to JS Performance for selling me the Headers and the AAW Classic update kit. Both are definitely worth the money.

Still waiting on parts! Waiting sucks
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote