View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #410
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Had planned on going to Island today for TnT. For the past few weeks, November 7th was listed as an Open Test n Tune event, but just this past week it was changed to a Diesel Truck event and no cars were allowed. Kinda a bummer, but I did call and check with them that next weekend they will be open for Test and Tune as well as the "grocery getter 15.00 and slower" event. So as long as the weather holds for next weekend, November 14, I plan on going. It might be the last 1/4 mile event of the year for me, unless I decide to try to make it down to Atco.

Anyways, I decided to take the camaro out for a cruise up to my buddies house in newton today. Was stunned when out of nowhere a large male deer ran into the road, jumped onto the roof of the car in front of me, jumped off the roof, and took off ! Jeez, I am super glad that it didn't happen 5 seconds later, or I would have been the victim!

dash-cam video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5u9jRDfQM

Car show season is over, nothing else local. I'll still cruise around till mid December on favorable days, before I take the car off the road for the year. Despite having the car at the chassis shop for the roll-bar install for the whole month of June, the camaro racked up More miles than my primary daily driver (2005 dodge ram) this year, and I am kinda stoked about that! It helps that I only work 0.7 miles away form home and typically drive my old 1995 jeep wrangler anyways. I've definitely enjoyed all the seat time and spent a small fortune on 93 octane shell gasoline.

So, for next weekend, I am probably going to get a bit more aggressive with the nitrous shot. My top-end MPH might still stay the same since I am topping out in 3rd gear, but I am hoping I can get a quicker 60foot, 8th and 1/4 mile e.t. by launching with a 100shot and then ramping it to a 150 shot. I'm hoping the track prep/surface will hold the launch too, and that I can improve the 1.47 sixty foot a little bit. A wheelie would be awesome for a photograph, but this car just doesn't want to lift the nose off the ground still. I still have yet to test out these new air drag-bags at the track. I'd also like to see 100 mph at the 8th mile, and my current best is 99.77 mph. can't think of much else yet; just hope the weather is good for next Sunday

Last edited by IROCZman15; 11-07-2021 at 05:51 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote